Eli has to be Liquid

#1MaxiPower90Posted 4/3/2014 5:21:37 PM
Not only is the resemblance uncanny

I think that is a red beret on his top right shoulder, perhaps a dream to one day become a red beret. The english paratroopers wear it.

The snake on his lap... some say its a shell, but it looks like a snake to me.

anyway great 30 min clip from the twin snakes featuring Liquid for any new fans that doesn't know who he is or for anyone wanting to rewatch a classic scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD4JZPOGKe4

inbe4 twin snakes sucks. Its class if your head isn't up your behind.
---
Once upon a time trolling didn't mean trolling. It meant 'criticism'. Somewhere along the line people stopped being able to take it.
#2HighLight43Posted 4/6/2014 5:00:39 PM
That thing on Eli's lap is a conch. It's probably a reference to Lord of the Flies. I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just copy and paste from wikipedia:

Wikipedia
The Conch

When first blown, it calls the children to an assembly, where Ralph is elected leader. They agree that only the boy holding the conch may speak at meetings to forestall arguments and chaos, and that it should be passed around to those who wish to voice their opinion.

From there, my guess is that it could be a symbol of Eli's leadership over a unit of child soldiers.
#3kikookPosted 4/6/2014 5:48:33 PM
Eli is a Biblical name as well; which strengthens the arguments among a bunch of other details.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#4Guyver_UltimaPosted 4/13/2014 9:48:16 PM
Certainly fits Liquid's ego to use such a name as an alias....or maybe it is his real name? (Forget if it was revealed yet)
#5AEJaddenPosted 4/14/2014 6:50:14 AM
First time I saw Eli in the trailer I had the same thought, "man that's gotta be Liquid". So, its either Liquid or Kojima is trolling us again.
#6tonberrymastaPosted 4/14/2014 1:19:12 PM
Just look at the names: E-LI and LI-quid.
#7kikookPosted 4/15/2014 5:41:39 PM
tonberrymasta posted...
Just look at the names: E-LI and LI-quid.

That doesn't make any sense. He's Eli because of David (his brother), a biblical reference.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#8big_boss1988Posted 4/16/2014 4:01:21 AM
no, eli is decoy octopus.
---
Early 2015, I'm already a demon.
#9SlothotonePosted 4/16/2014 3:40:41 PM
big_boss1988 posted...
no, eli is decoy octopus.

Eli is Gray Fox
---
It was my destiny to be here; in the box.