Raiden Appearence

#1OvertonWolfPosted 4/8/2014 8:20:46 AM
Sorry, for not being as clued up as a lot of you

I remember when I played through MGS2 all those years ago he went on about been a child soldier.

Will he show up in this game as a child?

I've not seen any mention of him yet in theories etc.

Cheers for the info!
#2beardface21Posted 4/8/2014 1:04:43 PM
Depends on how long the TPP takes place. If it at least covers the story til when MG1 hits, then possibly yes. The Liberian Civil War, the first one that is, took place from 1989-1996.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#3OvertonWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 2:12:31 PM
Ah right. Cool. Thanks for the info
#4RedRaven80Posted 4/8/2014 4:11:45 PM
I hope not. we've seen enough of Raiden.
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus
#5kikookPosted 4/8/2014 11:33:14 PM(edited)
RedRaven80 posted...

Not really. Raiden is an integral part of the MGS lore. While he probably won't be in PP, it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in it.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#6RedRaven80Posted 4/10/2014 2:59:32 PM
kikook posted...
RedRaven80 posted...

Not really. Raiden is an integral part of the MGS lore. While he probably won't be in PP, it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in it.

he has his own spin-off which is most likely getting a sequel.
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus
#7Mr_Big_BossPosted 4/10/2014 5:11:54 PM
RedRaven80 posted...
kikook posted...
RedRaven80 posted...

It does appear likely to get a sequel. I'm hoping they cover more of his background with Solidus in it, his history doesn't need to be explored in the "Solid" series anymore.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#8kikookPosted 4/10/2014 7:28:27 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
RedRaven80 posted...
kikook posted...
RedRaven80 posted...

It does appear likely to get a sequel. I'm hoping they cover more of his background with Solidus in it, his history doesn't need to be explored in the "Solid" series anymore.

It's highly likely it's getting a sequel. Kojima and Platinum are best bud's. Kojima is just scared it won't sell well, so they keep doing these 'I want it to happen but you have to prove you're going to get it.'

It sold well, chances are we're getting one.

Back to the discussion, Raiden having his own spin-off doesn't mean he should excluded from the series now. His new game isn't even canon, yet.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#9sevil_yelimsPosted 4/14/2014 9:23:06 PM
He could still serve the cameo spot like Raikov in MGS3 and the Xbox exclusive mission in Ground Zeroes.
---
I want it all.
#10GradyHooverPosted 4/15/2014 7:39:53 AM
OvertonWolf posted...
Sorry, for not being as clued up as a lot of you

I remember when I played through MGS2 all those years ago he went on about been a child soldier.

Will he show up in this game as a child?

I've not seen any mention of him yet in theories etc.

Cheers for the info!

I'm willing to bet he does make some small appearance, even if it's as a damn baby or something. Seeing the child soldiers in the preview, I absolutely expected it.
---
Metroid, Ys and Mega Man. Best of the best.