What features do you want to see back in TPP?

#1Griever810Posted 4/10/2014 8:39:03 PM
Dog Tags!

Codec Calls on the level of MGS3 (along with hidden frequencies)

Wall Knocking

rations

More interactive environments on the level of MGS2 (shooting cameras, radios, destructible napkin holders)

Team Sneak (MGO)

I guess for a new feature, instead of just procuring items on site, maybe there could be a crafting feature. Im not big into it in most games, but i think it would fit. (Zero had a codec call somewhere in MGS3, criticizing Snake for only using man made objects.)
---
Currently playing" ME2 10/10
#2kikookPosted 4/11/2014 12:25:26 AM
Griever810 posted...
Dog Tags!

Codec Calls on the level of MGS3 (along with hidden frequencies)

Wall Knocking

rations

More interactive environments on the level of MGS2 (shooting cameras, radios, destructible napkin holders)

Team Sneak (MGO)

I guess for a new feature, instead of just procuring items on site, maybe there could be a crafting feature. Im not big into it in most games, but i think it would fit. (Zero had a codec call somewhere in MGS3, criticizing Snake for only using man made objects.)

Yes

Not coming back

No, no, no, no no nononononononon, Rations are stupid and only serve to make the game easier. Stealth games shouldn't have a health system like MGS. The point of being found is to die, promoting stealth. Hell, even the health system in this is too high. Big Boss seems to be a psudo-tank ATM anyway.

Not going to happen. Kojima removed tranq rounds, I doubt he's going to make the environment destructable.

TSNE was stupid and I only played it because I liked holding people up. I would rather play SNE mission with Snake with octocamo (my all time favor MGO2 mode). I suppose I would like TSNE better if everyone on my team didn't understand the concept of hiding and working together. Patience was never a virtue to people in TSNE.

I don't think PP will add a crafting system. Snake doesn't seem to be on his own. Crafting systems work better in games where you enter and don't leave until the mission is over. I believe PP will more mission based, so you do a mission, leave, comeback, leave, go somewhere else, leave, ect...by the helicopter. You will always be prepared when you comeback. If they are going with the survival aspect them a crafting system would be decent. We would need an actual knife first though.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#3RedRaven80Posted 4/11/2014 1:47:24 PM
knocking on walls for sure.

and I hope we get a DLC where you play as The Boss on her mission to kill The Sorrow. two of my favorite characters in MGS lore.
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus
#4kikookPosted 4/11/2014 2:19:50 PM
RedRaven80 posted...
knocking on walls for sure.

and I hope we get a DLC where you play as The Boss on her mission to kill The Sorrow. two of my favorite characters in MGS lore.

U am'z dum, nobooty wantz to play as da baws.

I would actually love to see a standalone game of The Boss. Specifically her WW2 days.

Hell, if we're talking about other games. Why not make a MGS2 game dictating what Snake did in MGS2?

As far as DLC, I would love to see the stun knife return. If they do DLC for MGO3 I would love to have SNE from MGO2 returned unchanged (as far as how it's going to be played).
---
#5_NeroZero_Posted 4/12/2014 6:18:24 PM
kikook posted...
Hell, if we're talking about other games. Why not make a MGS2 game dictating what Snake did in MGS2?

Snake Tales from Substance is the closest you'll get.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#6kikookPosted 4/12/2014 7:24:19 PM
_NeroZero_ posted...
kikook posted...

Snake Tales from Substance is the closest you'll get.

Yeah, but it doesn't do it well.
---
#7kanto_wandererPosted 4/13/2014 8:36:44 AM
To be honest, there isn't much I want to see return from previous games that we don't already know to be returning, but I would like to see the weapon upgrade mechanic from Peace Walker make its return in some fashion.
#8slycooperfan17Posted 4/16/2014 4:55:48 AM
I believe PP will more mission based, so you do a mission, leave, comeback, leave, go somewhere else, leave, ect...by the helicopter. You will always be prepared when you comeback. If they are going with the survival aspect them a crafting system would be decent. We would need an actual knife first though.

I hope to god it isn't mission based. Good on a portable game but totally ruins the flow and immersion of a console game. I would be utterly disappointed if that was the case.
#9beardface21Posted 4/16/2014 9:40:23 AM(edited)
slycooperfan17 posted...
I believe PP will more mission based, so you do a mission, leave, comeback, leave, go somewhere else, leave, ect...by the helicopter. You will always be prepared when you comeback. If they are going with the survival aspect them a crafting system would be decent. We would need an actual knife first though.

I hope to god it isn't mission based. Good on a portable game but totally ruins the flow and immersion of a console game. I would be utterly disappointed if that was the case.

It's absolutely going to be mission based. How else would the open world idea work? Didn't ruin the immersion and flow and PW at all.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#10SolidButtCheakSPosted 4/16/2014 10:28:30 AM
slycooperfan17 posted...

Prepare to be utterly disappointed then. The game is mission based. TPP seems to be a big budget evolution of PW.

That said, you don't just go back to a base menu after each mission, you can stay in the game world and go for other missions (if I'm remembering that correctly).

Honestly though, I'm glad it's mission based. I do like the big epic infiltration mission structure of MGS1, 2 and 3, but having multiple smaller missions adds a lot to the gameplay and will give us good reason to keep revisiting these large areas in TPP rather than having all that space just for a one-off scenario.