What features do you want to see back in TPP?

#11kanto_wandererPosted 4/16/2014 2:17:08 PM
slycooperfan17 posted...
I believe PP will more mission based, so you do a mission, leave, comeback, leave, go somewhere else, leave, ect...by the helicopter. You will always be prepared when you comeback. If they are going with the survival aspect them a crafting system would be decent. We would need an actual knife first though.

I hope to god it isn't mission based. Good on a portable game but totally ruins the flow and immersion of a console game. I would be utterly disappointed if that was the case.

The game is going to have much larger missions than those from Peace Walker. I expect most story-oriented missions to be like GZ's main mission, running anywhere from thirty minutes of gameplay to several hours depending on your objective and the size of the map, and each mission should feel very self-contained with intro and outro cutscenes that will keep you invested through its ongoing narrative (as Kojima compared it, missions in MGSV will seem more like television episodes than a complete movie). Side Ops will probably be much shorter, but I think GZ has shown those to be no less substantial portions of gameplay. The missions in Peace Walker are only on the short side because that game was designed with portability in mind, but I expect Phantom Pain to be a much, much bigger and longer experience given its platform and its new open-world design.
#12slycooperfan17Posted 4/19/2014 4:22:54 PM
I believe PP will more mission based, so you do a mission, leave, comeback, leave, go somewhere else, leave, ect...by the helicopter. You will always be prepared when you comeback. If they are going with the survival aspect them a crafting system would be decent. We would need an actual knife first though.
I hope to god it isn't mission based. Good on a portable game but totally ruins the flow and immersion of a console game. I would be utterly disappointed if that was the case.
The game is going to have much larger missions than those from Peace Walker. I expect most story-oriented missions to be like GZ's main mission, running anywhere from thirty minutes of gameplay to several hours depending on your objective and the size of the map, and each mission should feel very self-contained with intro and outro cutscenes that will keep you invested through its ongoing narrative (as Kojima compared it, missions in MGSV will seem more like television episodes than a complete movie). Side Ops will probably be much shorter, but I think GZ has shown those to be no less substantial portions of gameplay. The missions in Peace Walker are only on the short side because that game was designed with portability in mind, but I expect Phantom Pain to be a much, much bigger and longer experience given its platform and its new open-world design.

This would be totally fine. Actually hype as ****. I implied mission based meant like 15-20 minute missions, but 90 minute missions like ground zeroes would be so sick.
#13The_KoreyPosted 4/19/2014 5:22:13 PM(edited)
The_Korey posted...
Remember in MG Portable Ops how when you abducted a soldier/kommander/scientist/doctor/VIP they always kept their uniform when you played as them? And then they kould walk right infront of other enemies of the same type without raising an alert? I'd love to see some level of this brought back. Like, yeah, you'll likely have a specific uniform for your army recruits, but abucting some units should atleast allow their old klothes as a selectable kostume/disguise. Even if thier gear kounts as konsumable and you lose them when a unit dies in them, just bring it back somehow and I'm good.

---
Because I can...