Isn't the attack on the hospital a little too coincidental?

#1GencoilPosted 4/14/2014 5:18:07 AM
I mean, it happens just a while after Snake's awakened from his coma. Is there a spy working at the hospital or something? And if so, why wait 'til Snake wakes up? It just doesn't make sense.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#2HighLight43Posted 4/14/2014 5:52:27 AM
That's something I've been wondering too. Ocelot says something like "the whole world wants you dead". Well, they had nine years to kill him while he was in a coma. Were they simply unable to find him? Has someone been moving Big Boss around to keep him hidden? He does seem to wake up in Cyprus, which is nowhere near Cuba, so I guess it's possible.
#3beardface21Posted 4/14/2014 11:23:26 AM
Big Boss didn't sign up for Obamacare and Obama found out so he sent XOF to retrieve him and kick him out of the hospital.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#4riddlebox89Posted 4/14/2014 11:55:35 AM
HighLight43 posted...
That's something I've been wondering too. Ocelot says something like "the whole world wants you dead". Well, they had nine years to kill him while he was in a coma. Were they simply unable to find him? Has someone been moving Big Boss around to keep him hidden? He does seem to wake up in Cyprus, which is nowhere near Cuba, so I guess it's possible.

Well it's simple, when Ocelot or Ishmael say "The whole world wants you dead." they don't mean it in a literal sense.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5HighLight43Posted 4/14/2014 1:07:35 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Well it's simple, when Ocelot or Ishmael say "The whole world wants you dead." they don't mean it in a literal sense.

That's fair enough, but it doesn't matter how many people wanted Big Boss dead. They've had plenty of time.
#6tonberrymastaPosted 4/14/2014 1:22:18 PM
They might have thought he was dead, and then word might have been released that he came out of his coma. They could have been monitoring the situation, and if Big Boss stayed in a coma they wouldn't have to act. Of course another possibility is that they were there actually to free him...and that he doesn't know that yet. Remember that psycho mantis ends up on liquids/big boss's side eventually.
#7riddlebox89Posted 4/14/2014 1:32:46 PM
HighLight43 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

That's fair enough, but it doesn't matter how many people wanted Big Boss dead. They've had plenty of time.

They most likely thought he died during the attack on Mother Base, which isn't hard to believe since Big Boss, Miller and the one or two MSF soldiers barely managed to get back on the helicopter before the strut they were on decided to take a bath, far as XOF would know, the last moments of Big Boss were him jumping off the chopper and shooting like a madman before everything collapsed.

And I'm pretty sure that there have been plenty of people who were assumed dead that turned up alive years after the fact, so it's not really an uncommon thing.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8xXJaxusXxPosted 4/16/2014 12:36:22 AM
This is how I think it going to go down.

- Big Boss is presumed dead after the chopper crash when in reality he is only in a coma.

- Big Boss awakes from his coma. Then the Dr. explains the situation and tells him his body is still weak so he must stay in bed.

- Word gets out the Big Boss was never dead.

- After a few days or maybe even a week after recovering from a coma, the hospital is attacked.

I really don't think the hospital was attacked the same day he came out of a coma.
#9big_boss1988Posted 4/16/2014 4:00:22 AM
I think it's a day or two after he woke up.
---
Early 2015, I'm already a demon.
#10thedeparted94Posted 4/18/2014 2:13:27 AM
I thought BB woke up his coma DURING the attack. That's what woke him up
---
<PSN> britz02