Will this new game have fatalities?

#1mez2112Posted 6/14/2013 7:51:00 AM
I remember the old games were so good, and heavy in combo's and to op it off they had fatalities (not sure if that was what they called them), has there been any mention of them having some this time around as well?
#2chiefofsb78Posted 6/14/2013 8:36:39 AM
Right now no they are concentrating on the combat mechanics but if it gets a large request from the fans they will put them in
#3KrizmKazmPosted 6/14/2013 9:06:35 AM
They were called Ultimates.

The developers said they are working on focusing on fine tuning the combo system FIRST, but would love to hear fan feedback regarding Ultimates. I emailed the developers, I suggest you do the same! I'm sure they'll be in, they just wanted the combo system to be solid during the reveal. If they would have revealed KI's return with a half-ass rushed combo system in place, there would have been even more backlash than there already is. I think they made the right call considering the timing of the E3 event. The combo system looks great.
#4mez2112(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 9:10:45 AM
Wow! Thanks guys, and your right the games were heavy combo related that it is understandable to focus on that first. I hope they add the Ultimates, since IMO fighters dont feel complete without them. Thats just me though. I will email them, but who is it MS?
#5KrizmKazmPosted 6/14/2013 9:51:28 AM
http://www.doublehelixgames.com/
Email: community@doublehelixgames.com
#6mez2112(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 10:07:52 AM
TY! for those of you who also want the enders, I suggest you email them too. I am going to do so right now!
#7KrizmKazmPosted 6/14/2013 10:10:59 AM
enders?
#8tigg06Posted 6/14/2013 11:23:22 AM
KrizmKazm posted...
They were called Ultimates.

The developers said they are working on focusing on fine tuning the combo system FIRST, but would love to hear fan feedback regarding Ultimates. I emailed the developers, I suggest you do the same! I'm sure they'll be in, they just wanted the combo system to be solid during the reveal. If they would have revealed KI's return with a half-ass rushed combo system in place, there would have been even more backlash than there already is. I think they made the right call considering the timing of the E3 event. The combo system looks great.

They were only called Ultimates when you did them within a combo or more precisely "ulitmate combo
the "finishers" themselves that you did while they were groggy and no life where called "No Mercy" moves, this is the case for the arcade versions,

personally I'd like to see them bring back HUMILIATIONS lol as well Loved them in KI
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#9KrizmKazmPosted 6/14/2013 2:14:49 PM
It just occurred to me that all of the capcom influence the developers said they had, probably have something to do with them thinking Ultimates/No Mercy moves "aren't necessary". I really really REALLY hope they change their minds. Hopefully they're getting a flood of emails from fans. The game wont be the same without em. Sure would love to see a revamp of the Fulgore Machinegun Ultimate... chained from an Ultra Combo even... ahem.
#10Ultim87Posted 6/14/2013 11:05:35 PM
KrizmKazm posted...
It just occurred to me that all of the capcom influence the developers said they had, probably have something to do with them thinking Ultimates/No Mercy moves "aren't necessary". I really really REALLY hope they change their minds. Hopefully they're getting a flood of emails from fans. The game wont be the same without em. Sure would love to see a revamp of the Fulgore Machinegun Ultimate... chained from an Ultra Combo even... ahem.

Yeah. This game wasn't Eternal Champions-level of outdoing MK, but the "No Mercy" moves really gave the series a flare, making it clear these were gladiatorial fights being ring-led by corrupt Mega Corp. and not just random street fights. Plus, they were impressive merely for being in a game that Nintendo made (Not even indirectly through Rare; they worked on it, too!) They weren't integral to the gameplay, but they were to the game's tone; they aren't just a feature you can patch in via DLC, which, seeing how much of a money trap the Bone is already, will probably leave you unable to pay the electric bill.
---
Official King of All Cosmos of the Playstation All-Stars board