Combo Breaker to easy to do now

#1Ryu XPosted 7/15/2013 4:26:02 PM
I watched the Evo stream when they were playing KI and it was you basically heard nothing but combo breaker the whole time. Apparently they made combo breakers really easy to do you can brake anything in the game now.

The amount of times that combo breakers happened seemed very excessive.
#2dj_skooterPosted 7/15/2013 4:33:02 PM
yeah, I kinda agree, tho I'm gonna wait til I see more. I liked how they had it before where it was only during auto doubles, which are important for big enders anyway.

Having it where you can break anything does seem a bit excessive right now.
---
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/dj_sk00ter/scott_guitar.gif
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/dj_sk00ter/PWNCH.gif
#3HughMyronGainzPosted 7/15/2013 4:34:22 PM
It's actually harder to pull off than combo breakers in KI 1&2.
Maximilian has some interviews on his YT channels that explain the new breakers.

also im on mobile gamefaqs so links are broken for some reason, always redirects to my homepage.
---
*Official Tusk of the Killer Instinct Xbox One*
"The only person you should compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday"
#4ItIsOkBroPosted 7/15/2013 5:18:00 PM
It's gonna be so annoying, every combo you're either gonna hear LOCKOUT or CCCCCOMBO BREAKER

Every. Combo.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#5AlexanaxelaPosted 7/15/2013 5:21:29 PM(edited)
then you counter their counter breaker and hope that they don't counter your counter counter breaker

but even if they do just counter counter counter breaker and voila
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#6IroncondorzPosted 7/15/2013 10:50:44 PM
Every voiced fighting game has the ability to get annoying.

How about those Ryu on Ryu or other Shoto battles when they start launching fireballs? Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken Hadouken.

A option to turn the announcer off or into a limited mode may be a good addition though.
#7MashYouGoodPosted 7/16/2013 9:10:32 AM
HughMyronGainz posted...

NO.

It's easier for the very, inalienable fact that tapping two buttons simultaneously is simpler than having to co÷rdinate a directional input and then time a subsequent button press.

And if you're referring to the fact that you must pick from three(3) sets of button presses that must correspond to what button starts the combo being broken (i.e., light, medium or hard attack) then, again, NO. This is because once you know the characters you're fighting, knowing whether, say, flying kick by Jago was short, a middling distance or long(er) will be obvious. Not to mention the start-up for the respective attack strengths will almost certainly be different, making picking the combo start that much easier. On top of that, there is ZERO execution for combo breakers now, making dropping one in the heat of battle, under pressure, effectively impossible.

Finally, evidence that the breakers are being readily accomplished in a game that's barley in Alpha state by people who've never played the game, at a gaming exhibition, is incontrovertible proof that the system is now 'casual friendly'.

Take the KI fanboy welding goggles off and stop trying to fool yourself- the combo breakers have been dumbed down. With games like MK9, MvC3 and Injustice selling well - all games with dumbed down fighting game gameplay mechanics of their own - it's no surprise Double Helix would jump on board the toddler train to Pottyville.
#8kirusuPosted 7/16/2013 9:34:16 AM
combo breakers are easy to because people try to perform long combos. then again this game could not be as much as a guessing match between ki 1 and ki2
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok
#9IroncondorzPosted 7/16/2013 2:22:38 PM
MashYouGood posted...
HughMyronGainz posted...

NO.

It's easier for the very, inalienable fact that tapping two buttons simultaneously is simpler than having to co÷rdinate a directional input and then time a subsequent button press.

And if you're referring to the fact that you must pick from three(3) sets of button presses that must correspond to what button starts the combo being broken (i.e., light, medium or hard attack) then, again, NO. This is because once you know the characters you're fighting, knowing whether, say, flying kick by Jago was short, a middling distance or long(er) will be obvious. Not to mention the start-up for the respective attack strengths will almost certainly be different, making picking the combo start that much easier. On top of that, there is ZERO execution for combo breakers now, making dropping one in the heat of battle, under pressure, effectively impossible.

Finally, evidence that the breakers are being readily accomplished in a game that's barley in Alpha state by people who've never played the game, at a gaming exhibition, is incontrovertible proof that the system is now 'casual friendly'.

Take the KI fanboy welding goggles off and stop trying to fool yourself- the combo breakers have been dumbed down. With games like MK9, MvC3 and Injustice selling well - all games with dumbed down fighting game gameplay mechanics of their own - it's no surprise Double Helix would jump on board the toddler train to Pottyville.

They implemented counter breakers for a reason, it all plays into the mind games. There will obviously be characters that are harder to combo break than others and that will be part of their upside. Memorizing the start ups and distances for every character and every move isn't exactly something a scrub will be able to do anyway.

DH already stated they want the game to be casual friendly but they also said they wanted the game to appeal to hardcore players too. This is a new game and everyone should expect more tweaking after the release as people find the exploits. Fighting games are constantly being balanced on the fly, that is the nature of the beast.
#10Dersu_UzalaPosted 7/16/2013 5:01:23 PM
DH already stated they want the game to be casual friendly but they also said they wanted the game to appeal to hardcore players too.

Jack of all trades, master of none.