So here is my suggestions for some of the other cast:

-Thunder = defensive grappler
-Orchid = balanced
-TJ Combo = rushdown
-Cinder = rushdown
-Fulgore = defensive zoner
-Riptor = offensive grappler
-Spinal = technical/tactician, "trickster-type"

There. How's that sound? Pretty well rounded; there's 2 zoners, 2 grapplers, 2 balance characters, 3 rushdowners, and a bugged character (spinal). And different forms of each type.
---
XBL GT= REAL T420 ..... PSN ID= REAL_T420 ..... Wii-U ID= REAL_T420 ..... OUYA= REAL_T420
#2MashYouGoodPosted 7/31/2013 5:01:19 AM(edited)
How does Thunder grapple with tomahawks in his hands? ...and how do grapples = combos?
#3InjusticeLogicPosted 7/31/2013 6:10:03 AM
^ I think he may have holsters to put it somewhere while grabbing. And they can do chain grabs in a form of combos. Can be combo broken and countered. Kinda hard to imagine, but you gotta work with what you got at this point. In any case, I find the archetypes plausible, but then again, what about Maya, Tusk and Kim Wu? And add one more to balance archetypes.
#4KrizmKazmPosted 7/31/2013 8:23:23 AM
MashYouGood posted...
How does Thunder grapple with tomahawks in his hands? ...and how do grapples = combos?

Maybe he only uses Tomhawks as a projectile.

I see grapples=combos being similar to all the Throw Combos in the other fighters (like Dead or Alive). Thunder could do a grab/hold, then knee the dude a face a few times then chain into a suplex, which can then chain into a body slam, etc. However, I don't think Thunder will be a grappler. I could be wrong. We'll know at the end of August.
#5big_t_chillin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 11:46:00 AM
MashYouGood posted...

They'll make grapples into combos. Other fighting games have throw-combos. They keep talking about adding grapple characters to KI (u must not have seen any of the dozen or so interviews on the internet about the game), and the "triangle of archetypes" (rushdown, zoner, grappler. Hence why I made this topic...)

They will probably have some kind of grapple auto-double for the throw combos, and that could be a grapple character's special combo trait- "grapple doubles" (like how each character has a unique combo trait so far; "around-the-world doubles" for jago, "rapid doubles" for sabrewulf, and "ranged doubles" for glacius, etc.) I think KI throw combos might "look" similar to the style of throw combos like solomon grundy has in injustice...

And grapple characters could be real cool, new and fresh up in KI. And thunder dont need to constantly hold his tomahawks... And if they make riptor a rushdown/grapple character hybrid, that would be awesome I think! Imagine riptor doing combos and throwing u all around with his tail or his teeth! Like he was ripping up meat in his mouth!
---
XBL GT= REAL T420 ..... PSN ID= REAL_T420 ..... Wii-U ID= REAL_T420 ..... OUYA= REAL_T420
#6big_t_chillin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 11:50:43 AM
InjusticeLogic posted...
what about Maya, Tusk and Kim Wu? And add one more to balance archetypes.

Ok. Here's my take on them:

-maya = rushdown
-tusk = balance character + power
-kim wu = zoner (remember all those different projectiles and air-fireballs she had in KI2?)
-new beautiful African American female fighter = grappler :)
---