Season 2 and 3 Confirmed?

#11mcnichojPosted 1/16/2014 4:49:27 PM
Shaft228 posted...
Wouldn't season 2 launch with 6 characters simultaneously just like the game did, with 2 more characters arriving later?

Ken Lobb mentioned the same combo/ultra bundle system will be used in S2.
I never thought about how they would release season two.
This would be the ideal way and allow for the most hype/time to get stuff tested and balanced.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#12RollerBobPosted 1/17/2014 6:18:07 AM
KrizmKazm posted...
Yeah they already mentioned Season 2 stuff before launch but it's nice hearing about a Season 3 though. Hopefully people can put 1 and 1 together and stop requesting characters. They will ALL return.

Well, what if I tell you that only 6 regular characters remain to be added, considering that Spinal and Fulgore are already confirmed AND part of Season 1?
- TJ Combo
- Cinder
- Riptor
- Kim Wu
- Tusk
- Maya

DONE! Killer Instinct isn't a series that had a lot of characters in 2 games, so I'm sure we can expect the rest to come pretty quickly, especially if 8 characters are added per season. I wouldn't mind the first 3 to be added with 5 new characters though.

I also have a feeling Stage Finishers will be implemented by the way Adam answered the Training Stage question.

Isn't that... gonna break the game since it's about adding a new mecanic... or is it simply gonna be a super move you can pull off instead of the automatic Ultra combo?

Also, pretty sure to they want to add Orchid's flashing move back XD

They also said we will have new content "monthly", be it accessories, costumes, etc.

That's... actually good to hear, because not many companies support their fighting games as much these days. If they do, then it's not on a regular basis.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#13KrizmKazmPosted 1/17/2014 6:46:43 AM(edited)
RollerBob posted...
KrizmKazm posted...
Yeah they already mentioned Season 2 stuff before launch but it's nice hearing about a Season 3 though. Hopefully people can put 1 and 1 together and stop requesting characters. They will ALL return.

Well, what if I tell you that only 6 regular characters remain to be added, considering that Spinal and Fulgore are already confirmed AND part of Season 1?
- TJ Combo
- Cinder
- Riptor
- Kim Wu
- Tusk
- Maya

DONE! Killer Instinct isn't a series that had a lot of characters in 2 games, so I'm sure we can expect the rest to come pretty quickly, especially if 8 characters are added per season. I wouldn't mind the first 3 to be added with 5 new characters though.

I also have a feeling Stage Finishers will be implemented by the way Adam answered the Training Stage question.

Isn't that... gonna break the game since it's about adding a new mecanic... or is it simply gonna be a super move you can pull off instead of the automatic Ultra combo?

Also, pretty sure to they want to add Orchid's flashing move back XD

They also said we will have new content "monthly", be it accessories, costumes, etc.

That's... actually good to hear, because not many companies support their fighting games as much these days. If they do, then it's not on a regular basis.

1.) I know about the original roster size, which is why I made that first comment ;) I was letting people know all of their favorites and more will return. I think you forgot about the bosses though in your numbers - Gargos and of course, Eyedol.

2.) We knew No Mercies were coming back, but stage finishers were kinda up in the air. But to answer your question, no, stage finishers are not a mechanic that would affect gameplay. Think of it working how the Ultimates used to; Do a combo when the opponent is low on health but instead of chaining into an Ultra, you chain into a Stage Finisher.
#14JELIFISH19Posted 1/17/2014 7:59:41 AM
mcnichoj posted...
Shaft228 posted...
Wouldn't season 2 launch with 6 characters simultaneously just like the game did, with 2 more characters arriving later?

This would be the ideal way and allow for the most hype/time to get stuff tested and balanced.

They should just release the characters individually as they're completed rather than making people wait for 6 or 8 characters to be done. After Fulgore comes out, it would be great if they kept releasing characters at that same pace. It's no secret that the small roster is one of the biggest negatives about the game. They should get it fixed as soon as possible. It won't hurt anything and the Season passes will still be intact. They needed to have 6 characters initially just to fulfill basic requirements. It doesn't need to double the content in one giant patch when it can slowly expand on the game it over time. Skullgirls is getting 5 DLC characters and everyone is happier that they give them to use as they're completed rather than waiting until all 5 are done.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
Capcom, ASW, & NRS fighting games 4 Life
#15KrizmKazmPosted 1/17/2014 8:20:27 AM
JELIFISH19 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
Shaft228 posted...

They should just release the characters individually as they're completed rather than making people wait for 6 or 8 characters to be done. After Fulgore comes out, it would be great if they kept releasing characters at that same pace. It's no secret that the small roster is one of the biggest negatives about the game. They should get it fixed as soon as possible. It won't hurt anything and the Season passes will still be intact. They needed to have 6 characters initially just to fulfill basic requirements. It doesn't need to double the content in one giant patch when it can slowly expand on the game it over time. Skullgirls is getting 5 DLC characters and everyone is happier that they give them to use as they're completed rather than waiting until all 5 are done.

That'd be cool. I support that 100%.
#16RollerBobPosted 1/17/2014 8:56:09 AM
KrizmKazm posted...
1.) I know about the original roster size, which is why I made that first comment ;) I was letting people know all of their favorites and more will return. I think you forgot about the bosses though in your numbers - Gargos and of course, Eyedol.

Bosses aren't "regular" characters... I wouldn't mind a downgraded version though.

2.) We knew No Mercies were coming back, but stage finishers were kinda up in the air. But to answer your question, no, stage finishers are not a mechanic that would affect gameplay. Think of it working how the Ultimates used to; Do a combo when the opponent is low on health but instead of chaining into an Ultra, you chain into a Stage Finisher.

I see. However, it doesn't seem easy to add technically. Are they gonna need to patch the stages to have breakable stuff, animated elements and such for the finishers? That sounds like no easy feat compared to just add fatality-like moves.

JELIFISH19 posted...

Well, they also want to add story mode and arcade mode to the game. If so, they should add these at the same time at a big batch of characters.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#17KrizmKazmPosted 1/17/2014 11:50:11 AM
RollerBob posted...
KrizmKazm posted...

Bosses aren't "regular" characters... I wouldn't mind a downgraded version though.

I see. However, it doesn't seem easy to add technically. Are they gonna need to patch the stages to have breakable stuff, animated elements and such for the finishers? That sounds like no easy feat compared to just add fatality-like moves.

1.) I was referencing the past bosses as being regular playable characters now.
2.) Right, it is NO easy task to add. That's why they've already begun working on it but it wont come until later in they year. It will definitely take time to implement.
#18Patriarch105Posted 1/17/2014 11:57:26 AM(edited)
Shaft228 posted...

I'd imagine the easiest way to do things would be to release them one at a time as they are finished because they probably aren't making the next batch of charters all at once.

Maybe have a season 2 bundle released at the same time as whoever the first character is (It'll be Cinder). This way they can maximize profit and keep hype going as each character is "revealed" and released.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#19Patriarch105Posted 1/17/2014 11:55:00 AM
RollerBob posted...

- TJ Combo
- Cinder
- Riptor
- Kim Wu
- Tusk
- Maya

The smartest way to do it would be to split that group in half and fill in the rest of the character release slots with new characters so you can mix in the old and new for 2 seasons.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#20Shaft228Posted 1/17/2014 12:39:09 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
Shaft228 posted...

I'd imagine the easiest way to do things would be to release them one at a time as they are finished because they probably aren't making the next batch of charters all at once.

Maybe have a season 2 bundle released at the same time as whoever the first character is (It'll be Cinder). This way they can maximize profit and keep hype going as each character is "revealed" and released.

Now that I think of it that's probably the best way. I just figured they'd want a few characters out to justify the lump sum of buying the game again, but with how common season passes are now I'd hope it wouldn't be an issue for people, especially if they're promising monthly content.