Spinals shield absorbs shadows

#1locksmithblackPosted 2/2/2014 7:04:23 AM
Should it be able to absorb shadows? - Results (73 votes)
Yes
79.45% (58 votes)
No
20.55% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've been using it and I almost feel like I'm being cheap. It's super safe on shadows, no chip damage, and you get pretty much all skulls. I really wouldn't mind it if people think it's balanced, but I'm not sure. What do you think?
---
Haters = Motivators
#2game_wiz101Posted 2/2/2014 7:18:51 AM
Spinal's normals aren't that great. He needs all the help he can get.
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama
#3xEcapeTheFatexPosted 2/2/2014 7:42:13 AM
It's not like he can use it in a combo, people just throwing out random shadow moves should learn the matchup and stop doing that, then it will be tough for him to get skulls which is what his game depends on. It's fine right now, lets wait and see a month or two after fulgore comes out to see what needs to change.
---
I am the Lord Of Darkness, I require the solis of the shadows and the Dark of the Night. Sunshine is my Destroyer, all this Shall Change. -Lord Of Darkness-
#4Vampyre_GhostPosted 2/2/2014 9:18:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Vampyre_GhostPosted 2/2/2014 11:03:23 AM(edited)
I think it is strong enough being able to absorb every special in the game, if there was a couple startup frames "maybe", but it is OP being able to absorb Shadow moves IMO.

I'll add that perhaps if there was a separate input for a specific Shadow Devour like 2 P buttons then yeah, but being able to hold back and LP and devour every special in the game... even lows and overheads.... idk... guess we will have to give it some time to see if it ends up being OP
#6Robin_MaskPosted 2/2/2014 10:54:52 AM
It's like making an EX move in SF4, invincible to anything and get rewarded.

There needs to be a balance.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#7ord4everX14Posted 2/3/2014 6:38:22 AM
I don't think the shield is all THAT strong. I mean there's really only 3 characters that fire projectiles and I find it a bit tough to absorb the physical special moves.
#8mcnichojPosted 2/3/2014 7:19:41 AM
Don't be dumb and throw out a projectile if you cant punish his shield, granted that's easy for me to say because I play Glacius.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#9locksmithblack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 3:49:33 PM
mcnichoj posted...
Don't be dumb and throw out a projectile if you cant punish his shield, granted that's easy for me to say because I play Glacius.

Did you just read the topic title and make assumptions?
---
Haters = Motivators
#10KrizmKazmPosted 2/3/2014 3:52:50 PM
It's not necessarily that safe to absorb shadow moves. If you try doing this when you have at least 1 skull already, you take the hit and fall to the ground because you've reached your skull cap.

I'm sure a LOT of time and thought when into this trait. It will stay as it is.