Some Tips... (Rare Seeds and Easy XP)

#1Banana_morphPosted 1/13/2014 1:39:12 PM
Tip #1
You CANNOT change your dragons attribute once you evolve it to the 3rd stage. I just finished evolving all my dragons and this was a huge face palm moment for me.

Tip #2
Need easy Xp? Play the level "Thinning the heard" from the "Lava Lake" section of the map. Bring a high level light attribute wingman and use your special on the El-K's and Hesine at the end of the level. Not only is this level very short it also nets you 13,000 xp every time you play through it.

also, it's great for farming Ray bomber Seeds.

Tip #3
Golden Tosca Seeds can be farmed from the mission "Strength In Numbers" from the "Forest" section of the map. The rare creature spawn rate seems low however, so I'm wondering if anyone has found a better level to farm this item.

Tip #4

Golden Ger-Anoth Seeds can be found during the mission "Advance Flight Training" under the "Training" section.

That's it for now. Maybe I'll write up a seed FAQ for all rare items or maybe like a rare creature spawn faq now that I've evolved all my dragons.
---
Brawl FC: 3351-3721-2169
#2BuhBuhBuiPosted 1/13/2014 7:09:04 PM
I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but I've been able to receive a golden tosca seed every time I did The Shadow Over Amara mission in the Forest section. It seems that every boss drops one of the golden seeds. For example, I receive a golden vespin seed everytime I do The Lichfield and a golden Ger-Anoth seed everytime I do The Bloated Anomaly.
#3KentFPosted 1/15/2014 2:07:41 PM
BuhBuhBui posted...
I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but I've been able to receive a golden tosca seed every time I did The Shadow Over Amara mission in the Forest section. It seems that every boss drops one of the golden seeds. For example, I receive a golden vespin seed everytime I do The Lichfield and a golden Ger-Anoth seed everytime I do The Bloated Anomaly.

That's exactly right - if you need evolution seeds, boss runs are the most reliable way to get them, as each has a 100% chance to drop a specific one. There are, however, more types of evolution seeds than there are bosses in the game.

The downside to this, is that boss runs are very much not lucrative otherwise - for credits, item drops or EXP. Most missions have two places where rare enemies can spawn, though some have three (such as The Truth Will Out - which is what I recommend for when you need credits or need to level up a Wind-attribute dragon), and boss missions don't have any (outside of, I believe, the Forest boss).

I do hope they address the imbalance of drops at some point, just to make more incentive to play the game. With how long the co-op update is taking to come out, I really have to wonder exactly how much incentive they're thinking players will have left to keep playing the game afterward.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Kent
Not really accepting random friend requests.