Kinect Voice Commands

#1ima420rPosted 11/23/2013 10:34:15 AM
What are the commands for Kinect? Or is it just for saying "over here"? Been playing the first few chapters but didn't see or hear much about the Kinect use.
---
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
#2TravisCombsPosted 11/23/2013 10:51:16 AM
Most menu items are selectable by saying them.

Also, when a zombie grabs you, is it the controller (like an accelerometer) or the Kinect that knows when you shake the controller? I ask because it only works if I'm in the Kinect's line of sight.
---
i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7
#3ValcornPosted 11/23/2013 11:58:38 AM
I tried to fight the one boss...I forget his name but, the chinese martial arts guy. Most of the time when I have to tell him to 'calm down' xbox doesn't recognize it. Frustrating, maybe they'll fix it with a patch, or something?
#4jayimmyPosted 11/23/2013 1:38:54 PM
Valcorn posted...
I tried to fight the one boss...I forget his name but, the chinese martial arts guy. Most of the time when I have to tell him to 'calm down' xbox doesn't recognize it. Frustrating, maybe they'll fix it with a patch, or something?

I just fought him....I usually have my TV really loud I turned it down while facing him so that I could use that voice command and it was working
---
GT: OakRaiders228
FC: 476843573157
#5ima420r(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 5:53:00 AM
Nothing like 4 people taking turns shouting at the tv saying "you're crazy" or "calm down" trying to get the game to hear it right. Thats was what we did hear, barely worked. Though sometimes I was able to mess up my friends game by making him drop something or snapping something on the screen. I found the commands in game, they just don't work well.
---
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
#6tenchi darkPosted 11/24/2013 11:49:09 AM
TravisCombs posted...
Most menu items are selectable by saying them.

Also, when a zombie grabs you, is it the controller (like an accelerometer) or the Kinect that knows when you shake the controller? I ask because it only works if I'm in the Kinect's line of sight.

Its the Kinect which picks up on you moving, there is no accelerometer in the pad. You can change that to a button press however which is a lot easier I find.
---
You're telling me too do the right thing while climbing out a window!?!?
#7Eiger-RegiePosted 11/24/2013 11:57:05 AM
Works great with followers. When you have one hold your right hand up and point, you will see a blue dot, place it where you want them to "go, scavenge, or attack" and they will do it.

Works great.
Voice works good too, but you have to time it right, like anything new, it takes getting used to.

I remember a time when people thought texting was annoying.