First female playable character in a Dead Rising game.

#1IdHitThatTVPosted 12/5/2013 10:39:58 AM
So after roughly 7 years of sausage fest in every Dead Rising game we're finally getting a playable female character. I was browsing the Xbox store on my Xbox One and came upon Dead Rising 3's Season Pass. It read that we will play as 4 different characters in 4 untold Los Perdidos stories. The image had a female character in it. So I was just wondering how thats going to work out. This is Dead Rising so Banana Hammock on our new female protagonist? Sounds funny.This is Capcom though so it wouldn't surprise me to go about killin zombies half naked with her boobs bouncin around. Unless these stories are like Case Zero and West. Different area and maybe we won't have acess to Banana Hammocks. Hehe just sayin. What do you guys think?
#2firemikePosted 12/5/2013 11:25:36 AM
You bring up a good point, they would have to redesign some of the outfits to fit on the female mesh. I would hope that we have the ability to just mess around in the whole city as any of the dlc characters but I imagine some of their story modes are constrained to a specific segment and/or alternate point on the timeline as I believe one of the DLC characters is the biker leader who you meet early game at the end of his story.

Not sure what they would do if the female put on the banana hammock, maybe give her a top to go with it as I am not sure every region the game is available in would approve of just having the straps cover her nipples/areolar region.
---
GT: Gamma Mike
PSN: GAMMAMIKE
#3wexnfxPosted 12/5/2013 11:54:16 AM
I think its safe to say she will have a limited number of outfits aswell as the other dlc characters
---
On the fence about Dead Rising 3? Check out my playthrough starting with episode 1 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8UFWRXR10
#4MastherBeBadPosted 12/5/2013 1:50:29 PM
What are the chances we get to play as Chuck?
#5TAS7284Posted 12/5/2013 3:35:03 PM
IdHitThatTV posted...
So after roughly 7 years of sausage fest in every Dead Rising game we're finally getting a playable female character. I was browsing the Xbox store on my Xbox One and came upon Dead Rising 3's Season Pass. It read that we will play as 4 different characters in 4 untold Los Perdidos stories. The image had a female character in it. So I was just wondering how thats going to work out. This is Dead Rising so Banana Hammock on our new female protagonist? Sounds funny.This is Capcom though so it wouldn't surprise me to go about killin zombies half naked with her boobs bouncin around. Unless these stories are like Case Zero and West. Different area and maybe we won't have acess to Banana Hammocks. Hehe just sayin. What do you guys think?

Yeah the Season Pass pic has been there since Day One, but anyways you're making it sound like there's been a bunch of DR games and we're finally getting a female character. This is DR3, not DR8.

The amount of years isn't important at all, especially considering the gap between Dead Rising (2006) and Dead Rising 2 (2011)

Sadly we don't see more female leads in action games because the ones that exist don't/didn't do well, or that's what publishers like Activison believe anyway. For example when you have games like Mirrors Edge, WET, Remember Me, etc, etc, all come out and not do well a company like Activison looks at that and thinks it's because of the female lead(s) as that's the common element between those games rather than taking into account that either the games weren't good or marketed well or whatever.

Sleeping Dogs originally started out as a game called Black Lotus with a female assassin in the lead before Activison had the developer (United Front) retool the game because they (Activison) believed an action game with a female lead wouldn't do well based the games of that time with female leads that didn't do well. Somehow Activison overlooked Tomb Raider in this process.
#6TAS7284Posted 12/5/2013 3:40:06 PM
MastherBeBad posted...

Probably unlikely.

Now days almost all DLC is announced early to get people aware of the fact that there's more content coming to try and prevent them from trading in the game(s)

We know what's coming due to the details in the season pass, so unless they're doing DLC beyond that (like a Season 2) we won't see a playable Chuck, not until a PC version anyways where someone mods it in.
#7AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/5/2013 4:13:00 PM
TAS7284 posted...
Sadly we don't see more female leads in action games because the ones that exist don't/didn't do well, or that's what publishers like Activison believe anyway.

This drives me crazy. I like female leads, and too many times they end up being used to sell a substandard product, but like you say, it's not because of the female lead. It's because the game isn't that good. I've seen people blame FF13's reception on having Lightning as the lead, as well.

Tomb Raider, sure, but Bayonetta's sales were great as well. Fatal Frame sales have typically been good. Sadly, there's not a lot more examples of quality games with female leads.
---
Spanakopita!
#8ApexMjolnirPosted 12/6/2013 3:26:31 AM
If I have to stare at a character in a video game for 20+ hours, she needs to be wearing high heels. I don't care if they are sensible or not, its a video game.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#9Bac0n01Posted 12/6/2013 7:48:46 AM
MastherBeBad posted...

Came with the day 1 edition.
---
Fact: Every single episode of every TV show ever needs more Londo and G'Kar.
# of people who agree: