Railgun third Gen requirement

#1KillerinstinxPosted 5/4/2014 6:48:22 PM
Currently level 30 in third Gen and I finished my plasma Railgun titan kills. Just need 11 more enemy kills and I'll have it complete, it was a relatively easy feat. I don't understand what the complaints I read about were all about. I used instashot btw

Also have a few questions.

1) how to i get the pilot eject plasma railgun kill achievement. I find it almost impossible to do.

2) what's the best way to get ejecting pilot kills for the future gooser challenge and 10 kills achievement. Only have 5 atm
---
Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
IGN:KillerInstinx
#2TheGlowPosted 5/4/2014 7:07:14 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=718642&topic=69166928Killerinstinx posted...
Currently level 30 in third Gen and I finished my plasma Railgun titan kills. Just need 11 more enemy kills and I'll have it complete, it was a relatively easy feat. I don't understand what the complaints I read about were all about. I used instashot btw

Also have a few questions.

1) how to i get the pilot eject plasma railgun kill achievement. I find it almost impossible to do.

2) what's the best way to get ejecting pilot kills for the future gooser challenge and 10 kills achievement. Only have 5 atm

Goosers reset at regen, so don't bother until your Gen5. For me, Chaingun with Extended mag. Usually I big punch kill upclose and 1-2 dash back. look up a bit and hope they eject. More and more know about it so they don't cooperate. Eject with cloak, nuclear reactor, or they know you wont kill them and just fight back the whole time until doom timer is up and they die.

Others say Arc with capacitor but I didnt get any that way.

With getting the 50 gooser, I feel someone confident in trying the rail gun gooser achievement now.
Maybe go for that tomorrow.

Last thing for gooser, last titan standing is usually the best, since more titan exposure. However pay attention to the enemy. do you have a lot of people that wont eject, eject w/ cloak, or auto titan? Just leave and find a new game.
Some nights 1-3 goosers total. Others I was able to get 5 per game because of the opponents would actively eject and be good targets.
#3Killerinstinx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 7:25:51 PM
Really helpful advice. Thanks. Let me know how the railgun achievement goes
---
Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
IGN:KillerInstinx
#4WebsandWigsPosted 5/4/2014 7:56:41 PM
Another cool trick for gooser is, as a pilot, ride on an enemy titan as its doomed timer is going, and when the pilot ejects, you will too, and if you look to your left and down a bit, youll see the enemy pilot and can shoot him, and it counts. I got more than a few this way
#5longnutsPosted 5/5/2014 6:11:26 AM
This is starting to really annoy me. I played about 15 matches last night, and the amount of pilots that either hopped out the front or just went down with the ship is getting ridiculous.
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, atari 2600
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: xLONGNUTTSx
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 5/5/2014 6:17:55 AM
It seems a lot of pilots aren't aware you can boost out anytime. I see them just hop out of badly damaged mechs in the middle of a firefight all the time.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#7XeroxicidePosted 5/5/2014 9:20:06 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
It seems a lot of pilots aren't aware you can boost out anytime. I see them just hop out of badly damaged mechs in the middle of a firefight all the time.

I don't think it's ever actually mentioned in the game. For those that don't know, pressing up on the d-pad initiates the eject sequence.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#8WebsandWigsPosted 5/5/2014 4:03:22 PM
Xeroxicide posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

I don't think it's ever actually mentioned in the game. For those that don't know, pressing up on the d-pad initiates the eject sequence.

I put over 60 hours into this game on both X1 and 360....and I did not know that
#9nickr2d2Posted 5/5/2014 7:04:48 PM
Here's another tip: Getting into your Titan refills all your ammo.

Didn't know that until a couple days ago.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 5/5/2014 7:14:13 PM
Xeroxicide posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Most of the 'tidbits' are revealed in loading screens... which I think is a terrible way to inform the player of how to play. I was level 20 before I knew how to wallhang. That screen just never came up, eventually I looked it up online.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif