So now that the honeymoon phase is over...

#1AWarAmp84Posted 5/5/2014 5:15:54 AM
would you recommend this game to a person that has been bored with FPS's for a while now? A person who is 100% bored of the COD formula and could never really get into Battlefield?
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 5/5/2014 5:23:55 AM
Yes. I'm one of those people. I'd been looking for something different for a while now-- went around with Brink, Crysis, a bunch of others. That said, I think a lot of things stand in the way of TF's popularity-- lack of content aside (let's just all nod, yeah, that argument has been made). It's too random for esports fans and, I think to frenetic for some contemporary shooter fans. The guys I played Quake and the like with took to it like ducks to water... the guys who didn't drop in until console shooters not so much.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#3bfist1stPosted 5/5/2014 5:42:46 AM
Yes, IŽd still recommend Titanfall to anyone with the slightest interest in FPS.

..also related, check PvC Garden Warfare for a not so serious but insanely fun shooter on Xbox 360.
---
Titanfall - Battlefield - MK7
nXt: MK8 - Destiny - The Division
#4PositronCannonPosted 5/5/2014 5:46:41 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
The guys I played Quake and the like with took to it like ducks to water... the guys who didn't drop in until console shooters not so much.

Eh, I'm one of the latter who started with the likes of Halo 3 and COD4 and I can really appreciate the pace and freedom of movement in this game, and this is coming from someone who generally hates verticality in FPS map design; it just works in this game because camping isn't really a thing. It does feel like it'll get old easily though, which is strange because I don't really mind the lack of content as the stuff that matters is all there, but other than that it's a blast. Maybe it's just that none of my friends have it for 360. :V
#5AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 5:56:44 AM
Hmmm. I may have to give it a go.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 5/5/2014 6:43:56 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
Hmmm. I may have to give it a go.

Give it a rent, there's no online pass.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#7LerthyrPosted 5/5/2014 7:03:50 AM
I'm still in the honeymoon phase, baby.
---
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
#8TwoNumbThumbsPosted 5/5/2014 8:15:14 AM
Quote:I'm still in the honeymoon phase, baby.
@Lerthyr

Same. Gen 4 level 49, as happy as a pig in mud
---
Argo **** yourself
#9XeroxicidePosted 5/5/2014 8:16:02 AM
I would say it is worth trying, at the very least. Personally I'm really enjoying the game, but it is also very familiar in terms of standard FPS features. Rent it and see how much you like it.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#10ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 5/5/2014 8:34:00 AM
If you're bored with FPSes in their entirety, exercise caution in buying this game. However, you should know that it *is* a great FPS. It's very unique, conceptually speaking.