Will there be a AH for items w/o a RMAH?

#1Etirus101Posted 8/3/2013 1:55:37 PM
Level 93 900 hours played pc player here. Don't have a great PC, would like to play on max settings on my xbox (plus my connection to the internet has been terrible over the past 5 months); however I'm concerned about our ability to buy and sell items. The AH was a huge factor in how fun Diablo 3 was for me. If I'm forced to just trade gear (ala diablo 2) or the in game gold currency is worth nothing (not worth cash, just not worth trading gold for gear), than this would definitely affect my want for buying this game. Anyone got answers?
#2CapnStankyPosted 8/3/2013 2:40:03 PM
If you want or need something that hasn't dropped, you have to find someone willing to sell it. The lack of gold-auction house truly sucks. The best of both worlds would have been proper loot itemization and a gold-based auction house. But since they can't(or dont want to) incorporate Battle.net, duping is going to be a huge problem, which would ruin an auction house. So console gamers are left with this milquetoast version of Diablo. I'm just hoping I get all the loot I need to complete a set without having to go on forums begging for trades.
#3browncmpPosted 8/4/2013 12:31:23 AM
Nothing wrong with leaving the AH out. That was a huge downfall of the pc version. I'll quest and grind for my stuff, because that's the way this game was supposed to be. The first one, and the second were the same way. AH's are for people who don't want to play they just want the stuff.
#4CapnStankyPosted 8/4/2013 6:04:30 AM
browncmp posted...
Nothing wrong with leaving the AH out. That was a huge downfall of the pc version. I'll quest and grind for my stuff, because that's the way this game was supposed to be. The first one, and the second were the same way. AH's are for people who don't want to play they just want the stuff.

Yeah, that's stupid. With proper itemization an Auction House is a great thing. And here's a shocker for ya - if you don't like it, you don't need to use it. Choice = better than not having a choice. The only reason the Auction House in the PC game sucks is because they destroyed loot itemization to force people to the Auction House.
#5gangoplushPosted 8/4/2013 6:50:47 AM
CapnStanky posted...
browncmp posted...

Yeah, that's stupid. With proper itemization an Auction House is a great thing. And here's a shocker for ya - if you don't like it, you don't need to use it. Choice = better than not having a choice. The only reason the Auction House in the PC game sucks is because they destroyed loot itemization to force people to the Auction House.

It's not really that stupid if you think about it a different way. People bought the best stuff on the auction house and then complained on the internet that there's not enough content and that it's too easy. Without an auction house, the game becomes more challenging and will last longer. So in some ways, it did really hurt the game a lot. There are a lot of people who say that the auction house was a bad idea and this debate has been going on since before the game even came out. I know it's not going to end here but there are some reasoning why people think it's a bad idea and to say it's "stupid" is just silly.
#6CapnStankyPosted 8/4/2013 8:03:39 AM
gangoplush posted...
CapnStanky posted...
browncmp posted...

It's not really that stupid if you think about it a different way. People bought the best stuff on the auction house and then complained on the internet that there's not enough content and that it's too easy. Without an auction house, the game becomes more challenging and will last longer. So in some ways, it did really hurt the game a lot. There are a lot of people who say that the auction house was a bad idea and this debate has been going on since before the game even came out. I know it's not going to end here but there are some reasoning why people think it's a bad idea and to say it's "stupid" is just silly.

Noooo they complained because Blizz deliberately screwed loot itemization to force people to the auction house. If they'd handled itemization properly, no one would have complained about their being a gold-based auction house. It was Activision/Blizzards greed that caused an uproar. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having an auction house in a game with proper loot drop mechanisms.
#7XeonFluPosted 8/4/2013 9:54:57 AM
Main problem is blizzard and their massive greed and nerfs problem, that is why I'm glad there's no AH in this version.

Now their only incentive is to make the game as fun as possible so it sells well rather than constantly nerfing and controlling drop rates to attempt to keep the Gold and RMAH economy stable and profitable for themselves.

Making the game drop great loot and making everything as fun as possible is the only way they can sell this console version.

I personally think its going to be the best way to play it. I was on PC with a 78 Paragon Wiz, 320K DPS farming MP10 with ease, the gameplay is great, the item drops are streams of endless trash and insta brim legendaries (immediate disenchants).

Really looking forward to having my loot game actually drop loot that's good.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#8CapnStankyPosted 8/4/2013 10:24:03 AM
XeonFlu posted...
Main problem is blizzard and their massive greed and nerfs problem, that is why I'm glad there's no AH in this version.

Now their only incentive is to make the game as fun as possible so it sells well rather than constantly nerfing and controlling drop rates to attempt to keep the Gold and RMAH economy stable and profitable for themselves.

Making the game drop great loot and making everything as fun as possible is the only way they can sell this console version.

I personally think its going to be the best way to play it. I was on PC with a 78 Paragon Wiz, 320K DPS farming MP10 with ease, the gameplay is great, the item drops are streams of endless trash and insta brim legendaries (immediate disenchants).

Really looking forward to having my loot game actually drop loot that's good.

Looking forward to loot drops now too. It's so rare to get quality loot for your current player on the PC version. In my opinion Blizz never tried to keep the gold auction house prices stable. It was in their best interest to make it as unstable as possible in the hopes that people would turn to the real money auction house, in which case Blizz would get a cut. In doing so they destroyed a large part of their reputation.

As for this being the best version of the game, I doubt it. That won't come until the next gen consoles are out and we don't have to deal with these lame spell animations I'm seeing in 360/PS3 videos.
#9gangoplushPosted 8/4/2013 11:25:40 AM
CapnStanky posted...
gangoplush posted...
CapnStanky posted...
browncmp posted...

Noooo they complained because Blizz deliberately screwed loot itemization to force people to the auction house. If they'd handled itemization properly, no one would have complained about their being a gold-based auction house. It was Activision/Blizzards greed that caused an uproar. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having an auction house in a game with proper loot drop mechanisms.

Yeeeees, what I was said was absolutely true. There a lot of different reasons people dislike the auction house. I was only giving you a different reasoning besides your paranoid Blizzard is out to get me ideas. People always think that the company is out to screw people over but it's not really a big problem like you are trying to make it out to be. The biggest reason why people say that the itemization is so bad is because they can always buy something better from the auction house. Too many people want to take the easy route and buy everything to make their character good instead of taking the time to find good items themselves and then complain they can't find anything better and blame the itemization. If you play the game without using the AH (I have), the loot is much more enjoyable IMO. As I said, this debate has been going on since before the game came out so I don't even know why I'm responding to you like this. I'm just trying to give you a different perspective on this in hopes of the slim chance that you can just try to open your mind and understand where I'm coming from.
#10galfasanta1111Posted 8/4/2013 8:13:30 PM
The lack of RMAH is why i'm getting the console version.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W