gibbering gemstone and caverns of frost

#1spiralink6001Posted 9/6/2013 6:44:08 PM
I'm trying to find the caverns of frost to get the gibbering gemstone but I can't get the caverns to spawn

is there a difficulty requirement or is it just based on luck
---
"I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Ghengis Khan
#2oneofakind_07Posted 9/6/2013 6:46:59 PM
I would guess luck. I found it on Normal (medium) my first run through.
---
Xbox Live GT: Phil Victorious
BT: GoryGlory#1964
#3spiralink6001(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:02:54 PM
I get the caverns to spawn but Chiltara doesn't

this is irritating
---
"I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." -Ghengis Khan
#4oXRAYxXxPosted 9/6/2013 7:04:54 PM
Best way to do it is if she doesn't spawn or if the caves don't spawn just do the rinse and repeat method until it happens. It's all based on luck. She sometimes won't drop it either. That gets aggravating.
#5hardmerchandisePosted 9/6/2013 7:08:15 PM
I have to admit, I'm lucky. I literally stumbled upon all three parts of the staff. Now if I could just get the plans to drop...
---
GT: hardmerchandise, DominantWeevil7, Smooperman2000, Gorak the Orc
Pawns: Aryana 200 Sorc, Selenia <150 Mage, Aeken 200 Ranger, Gorak <200 Warrior
#6NyxsinPosted 9/6/2013 7:12:53 PM
hardmerchandise posted...
I have to admit, I'm lucky. I literally stumbled upon all three parts of the staff. Now if I could just get the plans to drop...

So far i've only been able to find the Mushroom. Stumbled upon it my first run through on Normal. Where does the Caverns of Frost spawn? Someone said the Gemstone was the only other part you needed.
#7oXRAYxXxPosted 9/6/2013 7:19:11 PM
Nyxsin posted...

So far i've only been able to find the Mushroom. Stumbled upon it my first run through on Normal. Where does the Caverns of Frost spawn? Someone said the Gemstone was the only other part you needed.

It spawns in Act 3 The Fields of Slaughter.
#8NyxsinPosted 9/6/2013 7:20:34 PM
oXRAYxXx posted...
Nyxsin posted...

Sweet. I'm not too late then on my Nightmare playthrough. :D
#9oXRAYxXxPosted 9/6/2013 7:22:58 PM
Nyxsin posted...
oXRAYxXx posted...
Nyxsin posted...

Sweet. I'm not too late then on my Nightmare playthrough. :D

Awesome. Good luck my friend, Chiltara (I think that's her name) has a low spawn rate. I'd have been done with Act 3 on Nightmare by now if it wasn't for me spending almost 3 hours trying to get her to spawn and then getting her to drop it.
#10spiralink6001(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:32:17 PM
finally got it after 20 tries

about got damn time
---