Identifying Legendary Items

#1darktonberryPosted 9/8/2013 2:28:35 AM
When you identify a legendary does the class you are currently using affect the stat roll or is it determined when the item drops? For example if I was a wizard and a xbow dropped should I switch to a demon hunter to identify it? Thanks
#2cwoltmanPosted 9/8/2013 2:33:41 AM
What I have gathered is no.
A friend and I were playing and a two handed xbox and 2 handed mace dropped for my wizard and his barb id'd it and both rolls were for intelligence. He found legendary bracers ans I identified them and they had strength.
My hypothesis is that whatever character loots it, is going to be who gets the roll
However, I could be wrong.
#3dsky9000Posted 9/8/2013 2:35:44 AM
No you can identify any weapon with any character and imo if you get a crossbow don't use it on the Wizard since it is two handed and won't get the max dps possible.

Oh and for a wizard the best build is Energy Twisters with Storm Chaser,Frost Nova maxed out,diamond skin with crystal shell,and the first mastery spell maxed out that you obtain for the wizard,and energy armor and what ever spell suits you afterwards.If you use this build correctly you should rarely die and never run out of arcane power.

And you''l need the critical mass passive to do this at least.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#4dsky9000Posted 9/8/2013 2:38:06 AM
cwoltman posted...
What I have gathered is no.
A friend and I were playing and a two handed xbox and 2 handed mace dropped for my wizard and his barb id'd it and both rolls were for intelligence. He found legendary bracers ans I identified them and they had strength.
My hypothesis is that whatever character loots it, is going to be who gets the roll
However, I could be wrong.

Maces are caters to wizards,monks,and witch doctors mainly this coming from a guy that has played this on pc.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#5darktonberry(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 2:41:00 AM(edited)
Ok then I wont feel to bad about my xbow with an int roll then :( lol. Thanks for the info guys