Who is better: Demon Hunter or Witchdoctor?

#1Temari360Posted 9/11/2013 5:27:33 AM
????
---
I love girls' feet.
#2Temari360(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 7:30:10 AM
BUMP
---
I love girls' feet.
#3gamegod13Posted 9/11/2013 7:33:17 AM
Define "better", on the PC version (havent played the xbox version yet), the Demon Hunter was widely considered broken as ****, while the Witch Doctor was somewhat underwhelming.

Demon Hunter skills have more synergy, it's a strong solo class, massive dps... Witch Doctor has lot of DoT and AoE, but it requires you to be more durable and the playstyle is a bit slower...
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#4IntoTheOceanPosted 9/11/2013 8:43:16 AM
wd is better because unlike the dh their dmg scales well
---
only thing broken is u skills and u terreeble eenglish haha
~KO35
#5VeliconisPosted 9/11/2013 8:51:24 AM
Define "better", on the PC version (havent played the xbox version yet), the Demon Hunter was widely considered broken as ****, while the Witch Doctor was somewhat underwhelming.

Demon Hunter skills have more synergy, it's a strong solo class, massive dps... Witch Doctor has lot of DoT and AoE, but it requires you to be more durable and the playstyle is a bit slower...

The DH was only "broken as ****" on MP6 or lower. At least WD can do higher MP difficulties consistently.

Anything higher than that for a DH and they're going to have such a rough time that it won't even be close to bothering with.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#6AkaimizuPosted 9/11/2013 8:58:50 AM(edited)
Demon Hunter got majorly nerfed in updates, in the PC version, long before this version was made. The TOC DHs were the best (Does a Patrick Stewart Quadruple take). Ok. Yeah, Trail of Cinders was top DH arsenal, back then, and owned like crazy. Blizzard stepped in to stop that quick.

In Softcore, it's hard to say who is better at all. Though Demon Hunter does have some great end-game spike damage. Oh boy do they. Just prepare to die more on the way there.

In Hardcore, WitchDoctor has it WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY easier.

You can take a WitchDoctor to Paragon 100 in Hardcore PC, good luck doing it with the Demon Hunter. They're too squishy, and have a lot of problems with survivability and a lack of a *cheat death* card like the WitchDoctor has. There are many many Champion or Elite encounters with which the WitchDoctor will walk away from and not the Demon Hunter.

DH is easily the challenge class in Hardcore.

---
Check out my Animal Crossing Remixes: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzIIDVp2_oUgB4EqH5IpevzwWlMxKMPvy
Wonderful 101 tips: http://youtu.be/Y2N4AdNOItg
#7Jemas777Posted 9/11/2013 8:52:34 AM
Range, DH

close combat, WD...
---
Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you...
GT: AnyOLName(360)
#8VeliconisPosted 9/11/2013 9:16:09 AM
Range, DH

close combat, WD...

Being ranged has no bearing on anything whatsoever when playing Inferno unless you kill everything in a matter of two seconds. They'll be on top of you before you know it.

Also, being ranged doesn't stop Reflects Damage from shredding you a new one. Vortex also renders it useless.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#9MeddlingMage22Posted 9/11/2013 9:30:16 AM
I like how the DH gets her cartwheel mad early, so with the passive, you can breeze through dungeons real fast.

WD is a friggin Necromancer. With an auto revive. Should survive whatever, unlike the DH.
---
Xbox live - Meddlingmage25
UMVC3 - Dormmamu, Dante, Magneto. Playing: Diablo 3 xbox, MH3U - 3DS
#10Rhyno69oPosted 9/12/2013 7:25:04 PM
DH until end game, then WD