Super Fast Easy Duping

#116bitweaponPosted 9/16/2013 10:01:58 PM
I thought of this today, tried it, it works, and now I'm going to explain it.

You do not need a program like Modio, Horizon, or any other illegal computer program.

1) Make a character on a secondary profile and use a USB memory stick to save the file.
2) Give items to the secondary character.
3) Press Start, Down, AAAA, BBB.
Step 3 will open the Options menu, changes a setting, then changes it back. This will force the game to autosave.
4) Drop items from the secondary character.
5) Remove the USB memory stick.
You will get a message saying that the memory stick has been removed and the secondary character will be removed from the game.
6) Plug the USB memory stick back into the xbox.
7) Press Start on the second controller and load the secondary character from the USB again.

Now you have the items on the ground and you still have them in the secondary character inventory. Repeat it as many times as you want. It's a really fast process.

Warning: Any items that can not be duplicated, like Demonic Essence, Marquise Gems, or any items made with Demonic Essence will be autodeleted when the character that made them leaves the game. Do not try to duplicate these items. You can't. I even tried selling them to a vendor, leaving the game (by removing the memory card), then returning to buy them back and they were gone.
#216bitweapon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 10:03:50 PM
Also, flamers are welcome! Thanks for bumping the topic to tell me you don't like it. That keeps it near the top so the people who want to see it, can.
#3TornadofoxPosted 9/16/2013 10:19:59 PM
Or you can join a friends game drop your stuff and dashboard, now youre not only cheating scum, youre cheating scum who just posted the longest method possible of duplicating items under the assumption it was in any way simple or time efficient... I hope your save file corrupts in transit after your dog eats your USB drive then passes it.
#4Pinball__MapPosted 9/16/2013 10:21:34 PM
Another nickelback back fan!
---
Xbl - David Ben Avram
#516bitweapon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 6:49:00 PM
Someone reported this topic as "illegal activity" and it was removed. After 4 days of discussions with 3 moderators, they have agreed to repost it.

1) Duping is only illegal if you do it in an Competitive Online Game.
2) My method does not involve modifying the save file.

So if any other snitches feel like they need to report this, be aware that you can't. It's legal. And all topics about duplicating items in this game are okay to be posted on this board (as long as they do not involve modifying your save file).
#6spacecowboy44Posted 9/21/2013 6:54:20 PM
Pinball__Map posted...
Another nickelback back fan!

wait..what does nickelback have to do with any of this?
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#7TornadofoxPosted 9/21/2013 6:58:04 PM
16bitweapon posted...
Someone reported this topic as "illegal activity" and it was removed. After 4 days of discussions with 3 moderators, they have agreed to repost it.

So if any other snitches feel like they need to report this, be aware that you can't. It's legal. And all topics about duplicating items in this game are okay to be posted on this board (as long as they do not involve modifying your save file).

Really? Then why do duping topics get insta-deleted on the battlenet forums? Because its considered cheating by the license agreement with blizzard and xbox terms of service, and such topics promote these activities. The fact that moderators decided this topic was ok shows a lack of enforcing the rules of this forum they are appointed to uphold.
#8TeknaDanPosted 9/21/2013 7:19:04 PM
Good idea, thanks for the post!
---
Dantha - Level 70 Warlock (Lothar)
Dreluk - Level 70 Warlock (Bonechewer)
#9Scottydont19Posted 9/21/2013 8:06:19 PM
Just so you know TC, this is actually one of the longer methods.
---
In golf, 90% of all putts that come up short don't go in the hole
#10Scottydont19Posted 9/21/2013 8:13:35 PM
Tornadofox posted...
16bitweapon posted...

Really? Then why do duping topics get insta-deleted on the battlenet forums? Because its considered cheating by the license agreement with blizzard and xbox terms of service, and such topics promote these activities. The fact that moderators decided this topic was ok shows a lack of enforcing the rules of this forum they are appointed to uphold.

That's weird. I just read the Xbox ToS and it didn't mention that this was against anything in there. Hmm...
---
In golf, 90% of all putts that come up short don't go in the hole