Legendary drops...

#1Killuminati17Posted 9/23/2013 10:51:01 AM
Can any legendary drop in any act or are some act specific?
---
"A Coward Dies A Thousand Deaths, A Soldier Dies But Once..."
#2darkdogma101Posted 9/23/2013 10:56:42 AM
I think any legendary can drop anywhere but we will never 100% know until someone finds every single legendary in this game.
---
"The arisen and kingseeker frampt walk into a bar.....
#3PunkinDrublic87Posted 9/23/2013 11:02:14 AM(edited)
darkdogma101 posted...
I think any legendary can drop anywhere but we will never 100% know until someone finds every single legendary in this game.

Or someone pulls an Evil Teletubby on this mofo.

for those who have no idea what i'm talking about, http://www.bigd-online.com/JG/JGFrame.html

welcome to the guts of the original diablo...

---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#4Killuminati17(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:21:53 AM
Just wondering if my act 3 farming is good enough! Ha
---
#5clarkirPosted 9/23/2013 11:37:09 AM
To answer your question its got several parts

1) Yes some items are boss dependent, which would limit it to that specific act (see staff of herding only dropped by izual) Im not 100% positive if specific legendary are act dependent in the xbox live version, but I remember reading (not from experience) that some weapons, like Skorn, would only drop in acts III or IV on Inferno. (I know this is not true of the xbox version, since I got skorn in both Act I and Act IV on Inferno

2) Im pretty sure difficulty still applied to specific legendary drops. Again, going back to skorn, only certain weapons will drop on inferno (weapons deemed level 63 for example)

3) Weapons do scale depending on difficulty setting, and possibly even act setting. I know on the PC that Level 63 legendaries only drop in acts III and IV on PC. Im not sure if that standard remains on xbox. But again going back to the one piece of data i do have (that being skorn) The Skorn I got in act one was definitively weaker than the Skorn i got in act IV. Now that could be RNG, or that could be the Skorn from act 1 was a 60, while act 4's was 63.

I have a second question to add, do we have any firm data on if higher masters are better for Farming on the xbox version? When I jump up in difficulty to Master I or Master II, I see a significant decrease in drops per hour. I dont believe stronger weapons come from the higher levels, since my Skorn is already close to the top of the chart in regards to max capabilities.

I get more drops per hour in medium, because im simply killing more monsters per hour. Im not convinced based on my playthroughs that jumping up in difficulty is necessary for anything but a mere challenge to yourself.
#6Killuminati17(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:54:44 AM
What items are boss specific?

I'm asking this as I seem to be getting the same drops and I've never seen half the drops most people are trading for :(

Like I'm after bone sabre and sledge fist
---
#7PunkinDrublic87Posted 9/23/2013 12:02:20 PM(edited)
Killuminati17 posted...

I'm asking this as I seem to be getting the same drops and I've never seen half the drops most people are trading for :(

Some plans for the blacksmith ( staff of herding )

some items are specific to uniqe monsters that only show up in inferno ( look up keywardens if you want to know )

General concensus is that everything else is random, some of it may be limited by other factors though i'm not sure. Like if a weapon or armor can only spawn with an item level range of 53-63, It wouldn't spawn on difficulties where you get items that are level 5... *note that this last bit is just me guessing, don't take it as fact but it seems to make sense to me*

---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#8NyxsinPosted 9/23/2013 1:22:30 PM
Killuminati17 posted...

I seem to have really good luck with Bonesabers in Act 3 at the Stonefort. I've found 3 there, and a couple other board memebers have also found theirs at Stonefort.
#9Killuminati17(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 2:27:42 PM
Looks like I'll just play through the whole game constantly and hope for the best!
---