Transferring a character to a new XBOX

#1surfs_on_swagsPosted 10/11/2013 8:03:04 AM
Just got a new XBOX and trying to get my characters from the old one to transfer over to the new one. I know I have to use a USB drive but I seem to get stuck with the data on the disc and unable to load it onto the new console.

Any advice guys?
#2MMF_LegacyPosted 10/11/2013 8:06:55 AM
System -> Storage -> Harddrive -> Move save file to USB
#3darktonberryPosted 10/11/2013 8:18:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4MMF_LegacyPosted 10/11/2013 8:23:25 AM
I would really think it was so simple, I hate technical difficulties. I mean I transfer my save to friend's xboxs all the time to couch co-op. Afterwards I transfer it back to play online at home.
#5ProLuRuoraPosted 10/11/2013 8:24:08 AM
Similar question...my gfs profile can be accessed on my xbox..but she started playing D3 on her own xbox at her house..is there a way to get her D3 profile onto my xbox so we can play with our toons without it disrupting my saves and such?

I'm afraid her sticking her flash drive into my xbox will save over MY saves and characters
---
GT: Untamedheadcase, currently playing Diablo 3, Skyrim, Halo 4
Love to trade..You can PM me about what I have up for trade anytime =)
#6MMF_LegacyPosted 10/11/2013 8:27:00 AM
If she has her own profile, I don't know why it would save over your characters. If you share a profile, which is weird, she wouldn't be able to transfer her characters without interfering with your save.
#7ProLuRuoraPosted 10/11/2013 8:29:26 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
If she has her own profile, I don't know why it would save over your characters. If you share a profile, which is weird, she wouldn't be able to transfer her characters without interfering with your save.

Lol no she has her own...so she would just sign into her profile with her drive, put it into my xbox, then I sign into mine, and we're good?
---
#8buno67Posted 10/11/2013 8:31:34 AM
why dont you save it to the xbox cloud...get on your new xbox...then move the save file from your cloud to your new HD
---
Believeland. Its Cleveland's year
Gamer tag: buno67
#9MMF_LegacyPosted 10/11/2013 8:32:05 AM
ProLuRuora posted...
Lol no she has her own...so she would just sign into her profile with her drive, put it into my xbox, then I sign into mine, and we're good?

She signs in, goes to System -> Storage -> HDD (or whatever her save is on) -> Move it to USB -> Take it out and put it in her Xbox -> System Storage -> Move to her save to HDD
#10ProLuRuoraPosted 10/11/2013 8:36:10 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
ProLuRuora posted...

She signs in, goes to System -> Storage -> HDD (or whatever her save is on) -> Move it to USB -> Take it out and put it in her Xbox -> System Storage -> Move to her save to HDD

Oh awesome..thanks a ton Legacy!
---