Master Levels

#11MMF_LegacyPosted 10/24/2013 12:37:46 PM
MeddlingMage22 posted...
groin83 posted...
Just increase the difficulty by 1 notch and let the mobs hit you for a bit. If you're comfortable with your defenses then try farming at that difficulty for awhile to make sure you can handle the elite packs. If it's too easy then notch it up once more.

Not as easy to escape on hardcore, unless you're a few specific classes. He's trying NOT to die by biting off more than he can chew.

Welcome to Gfaqs, where reading is common, but comprehension is not.

When you're playing solo on HC, if you feel you will die you can just exit.
#12gene5e5Posted 10/24/2013 1:01:13 PM
I comfortably farm M3 on HC as a wizard.

Te most important difference I've learned is that you're playing more defensively all the time, where as my regular wizard is almost all offense, my hardcore wizard is almost entirely defense. I move slowly, I'm not worried about speed runs for paragon, overconfidence is the #1 killer.

When I started M1 I did the keeps for a long time, and was pretty geared by the time I tried 2. Although I've had successful M5 runs, I tend to be too defensive for it.

My advice: patience. Play where your confidence level is.
#13MastRs_ApRnTice(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:10:07 PM
I'm a WZ if that helps. I'm at work so I can't respond immediately. I tried hell m1 and had a few close calls in whimsyre(?).

No specific act I'm going for. I'm just trying to get better gear. I'd like to get the HF ring but I'm a long way off.

Just wanted an idea of what kind of dps armor and life would be ideal to try m1 in inferno. I've probably changed one piece of equipment since I ran through it the last time.
#14MastRs_ApRnTice(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 4:15:15 PM
Bump
#15MMF_LegacyPosted 10/24/2013 4:21:04 PM
If it was me, I'd stick with Easy all the way to Inferno, and even there I'd stay in Easy until I'm strong enough for Masters. Once I can do Master I, I would continue to farm for better gear and work my way up the Master ladder.
#16MastRs_ApRnTice(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:10:28 PM
I've been through inferno twice. I'm just hesitant to try the master levels. The second run of inferno I didn't get anything better than what I had. That's the reason I tested out master levels in hell mode and I've no confidence I'll survive.
#17714kaosPosted 10/24/2013 6:25:48 PM
I think people tend to use barbs alot on hc cuz in d2 they were usually the safest bet
#18MMF_LegacyPosted 10/24/2013 7:00:43 PM
MastRs_ApRnTice posted...
I've been through inferno twice. I'm just hesitant to try the master levels. The second run of inferno I didn't get anything better than what I had. That's the reason I tested out master levels in hell mode and I've no confidence I'll survive.

Are you running from Act 1 all the way to Diablo? That's not considered farming. You need to go somewhere where you can kill a lot of monsters quickly and efficiently. That's how you find better gear.