So I am getting this game this weekend and...

#11PhinioxPosted 10/24/2013 5:05:26 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
Phiniox posted...
On softcore you lose 10%durability on all gear. On hardcore that's it if you die you lose all.gear the character and have to start over

Gt PoieZen

You still get to keep whatever is in your stash as well as whatever level you got your crafters to. You also get to keep Paragons but that will just confuse you. Don't worry about Paragons right now as we will be here when you hit 60 so you can ask even more questions lol.

Yes your stash items and gold is linked to all your characters on your account
#12Rebel852Posted 10/24/2013 5:07:48 PM
Good advice so far, I would add - please buy a mic, don't bother with easy mode and don't accept money or overpowered gear from other players.
#13sicNMEPosted 10/24/2013 6:01:18 PM
Play on easy to get a feel for your character, and experiment with builds as you level up. One you get to inferno mode, try Master one. If it's too hard, play on easy until you get some better gear.
---
Grammar. The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.
#14MMF_LegacyPosted 10/24/2013 6:03:14 PM(edited)
Rebel852 posted...
Good advice so far, I would add - please buy a mic, don't bother with easy mode and don't accept money or overpowered gear from other players.

I don't accept anything from anyone unless it's friends. And even then I assume it's a dupe. I assume everyone does it besides me but I'm pretty sure it's just paranoia. I'm not sure what you mean by "don't bother with easy mode". I guess you mean leave it on Default (Medium) and don't worry about changing it until you get to Inferno.
#15KidJoker262(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:00:21 PM
I have a mic and I have played games with the loot system and I don't take loot giving to me from other players unless they're friends. I will probably start on medium(normal) and adjust from there.
#16despisethesun42Posted 10/25/2013 12:26:05 AM
I bought the guide (the special edition one, it came with a bookmark.... WOW!!!). This game def doesnt require a guide like say a FF would if you wanted to get all the best gear and side quests. Plus there is this thing called the internet ive heard about, basically made buying guides useless, but im 27 now and grew up relying on guides for rpgs to get everything, so I still buy them. Plus im a game collector so theyre nice to add to the collection. The guide only helps so much due to the randomness of the drops, dungeons and whatnot, but it is nice to have. I read all the info in it before playing (not the walkthrough part so as to not spoil the game for me) and it helped a lot in better understanding the game mechanics. Also nice to not have to bust my phone out when I need to know something or have my laptop by me at all times. I reccomend it to an extent, only if u have 20 bux extra u dont mind spending on it tho. Helped me a good bit, finally I joined this forum to trade with people and find people to play with when my friends werent on. Im old so ill always buy guides, just the way I came up. Back when nintendo power was essential to beating a game.
---
We're the only creatures in the world who shove things up their a** for survival
#17Max58201Posted 10/25/2013 3:33:19 AM(edited)
if ya want a fellow new player to play with my GT is max58201 i just got past the first real boss in act 1 skeleton king and then FF14 got me sidetracked for the last month but now im ready to get back into the game would be nice to have a partner haha

im a witch doctor but if yah want to start fresh with someone i can try another class no problem. i like to watch cutscenes to so thats no problem and i like to explore everything
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#18MegidolaonPosted 10/25/2013 5:27:23 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
Wizard and WD both are good able to tank because a Wizard has good defensive spells and the Witch Doctor has pets.

Lolno.
Wizard is as squishy as it gets. Glass cannon without the damage output.

Wizard can be great with good gear but sucks badly without. Some other classes are not nearly as dependent on good gear (like Monk).
Monk is also epic fun.
---
Setebos, Setebos, and Setebos! 'Thinketh, He dwelleth i' the cold o' the moon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
#19MMF_LegacyPosted 10/25/2013 7:03:49 AM(edited)
Megidolaon posted...
Lolno.

Wizard can be great with good gear but sucks badly without. Some other classes are not nearly as dependent on good gear (like Monk).
Monk is also epic fun.

You're crazy. Wizard is a step up from glass cannon, it's not a Demon Hunter. Crystal Shell and Cold Snap keep you from constantly taking damage. On top of that, you never have to worry about cooldowns with Evocation. Also, Energy Armor is great as well for not dying. They have Blur to reduce melee damage. They feel balanced to me, you just aren't playing on right.
#20MeddlingMage22Posted 10/25/2013 7:45:06 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
Megidolaon posted...
Lolno.

Monk is also epic fun.

You're crazy. Wizard is a step up from glass cannon, it's not a Demon Hunter. Crystal Shell and Cold Snap keep you from constantly taking damage. On top of that, you never have to worry about cooldowns with Evocation. Also, Energy Armor is great as well for not dying. They have Blur to reduce melee damage. They feel balanced to me, you just aren't playing on right.

DH is the glass cannon. Wizards are good at everything, including damage - maybe not on paper, but the actual dps is greater than that of DHs. And they are one of the least gear reliant classes. DHs are good for getting around the map w/ Vault, pretty much.

Also, TC, once you've tried hardcore, it ruins softcore. Hmm... that line pretty much applies to everything, I guess.
---
Xbox live - Meddlingmage25
UMVC3 - Dormmamu, Dante, Magneto. Playing: Diablo 3 xbox, MH3U - 3DS