Crit. Mass build help

#1hardup4muffPosted 1/29/2014 10:50:45 PM
Heard a lot of good ideas... This is what I've been running

Twister -gale force... Why does wicked wind get props if gale is almost twice dmg?
Frost nova -15 % (bone chill)
Shock pulse -affinity... Others post blades healing. Would that allow me to equip for strictly dmg build
Instead of worrying about vitality.
Diamond skin - shell (this is my "oh crap" button)
Magic weapon - force weapon... Should I go blood magic and find the extra dmg with inventory?
Energy armor - prismatic
(I liked slow time + 20% and had that in there, but switched to diamond skin because death was occurring too often)

Passively = CM (duh), dynamo (good with pulse but should I switch to cold blooded on top of FN), then blur ( certainly open to suggestions )

I have played enough to know what works, just trying to find best complete recipe. I go all dmg and think I got it figured then a demon with a raging hard on comes and kills me like it is his job. Frustrating but not futile. Any advice appreciated astronomically.
#2PhinioxPosted 1/30/2014 2:02:59 AM
Life steal sir
#3yanniPosted 1/31/2014 10:17:25 AM
Wicked Wind gives you far greater control (i.e. more reliable crit procs)
---
GT: johnny5K
#4xboxBUNZILLAPosted 1/31/2014 11:04:46 AM
Here's a build my buddy suggested
It's pretty fun
A - Electrocute (Forked Lightning)
RT - Mirror Image (Duplicates, mainly for the lulz and badassery)
X - Frost Nova (Bone Chill)
Y - Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
B - Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
RB - Slow Time (Stretch Time)
Passives
Crit Mass, Glass Cannon, Evocation
Find MOB, Slow Time, freeze/or mirror image, diamond skin, and hold A til everything is dead. Feel free to spam slow time and everything else as you see fit.
Courtesy of Leverage(it's French)
---
listen, i aint superstitious.. but these n****** is nice.
#5GoneHollow78Posted 1/31/2014 1:35:45 PM
When ur perma freezing mobs u want ur tornados to stay still and get as many crits as possible there are several ias breakpoints to make this happen more often think they're 2.51,2.74,3.01 but u can search that. Then usually most cm wiz's just spam explosive blast chain reaction frost nova and diamond skin diamond shards once they're off cooldown and refreshing they're tornadoes whenever possible. There are several gear reliant things u need which are life on hit, arcane power on crit, crit chance and obviously attack speed to reach whatever breakpoint ur after
#6JohnHalo343Posted 1/31/2014 10:41:59 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Here's a build my buddy suggested
It's pretty fun
A - Electrocute (Forked Lightning)
RT - Mirror Image (Duplicates, mainly for the lulz and badassery)
X - Frost Nova (Bone Chill)
Y - Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)
B - Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
RB - Slow Time (Stretch Time)
Passives
Crit Mass, Glass Cannon, Evocation
Find MOB, Slow Time, freeze/or mirror image, diamond skin, and hold A til everything is dead. Feel free to spam slow time and everything else as you see fit.
Courtesy of Leverage(it's French)

So it is pronounced lever-ahszz? Like, garage with the lever part where the 'ga' part goes?
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#7xboxBUNZILLAPosted 2/1/2014 8:36:40 AM
@johnny yeah, with a long aaaaa sound at the end, it's French.
And that's the build I was rocking in your game
"I can never get a kill with this guy in here"
You should try it (:
---
listen, i aint superstitious.. but these n****** is nice.
#8JohnHalo343Posted 2/1/2014 1:29:25 PM
TBH Electrocute is my favorite Wizard skill. It is just really cool and Star Wars-esque. When I use it, it really doesn't do too much damage. I am still in the long, laborious process of finding better gear. I think that extremely fast attack speed works really well with that.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#9getLEVERAGEPosted 2/1/2014 4:45:43 PM
JohnHalo343 posted...
TBH Electrocute is my favorite Wizard skill. It is just really cool and Star Wars-esque. When I use it, it really doesn't do too much damage. I am still in the long, laborious process of finding better gear. I think that extremely fast attack speed works really well with that.

Yeeea! Build is up there!

@JohnHalo The build isn't meant for raw DPS, it's really meant to buff everyone around you while still dealing effective damage yourself to widdle down pretty much the entire mob around you and your team. It can be an effective killing build with hugw mobs since Forked Lightning archs from crits and can devestate an entire mob in a matter of seconds, including elite packs. I'm at 729k DPS (only buffed with Glass Cannon) and that bumps up to 821k DPS with Magic Weapon on and 93k Vitality. It's a really fun build when played with other, competant players.
---
Aye you guys, aye! Y'all got your helmets on backwards... Jus sayin.