What are the odds that the DLC will come out for 360?

#1abbeldydooPosted 1/30/2014 8:51:19 PM
Did the game sell well enough for it?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2neohunter1884Posted 1/30/2014 9:25:47 PM
Hopefully high, I have been playing way more of this game than I have the other ones.
---
When did playing cutesie games make you a gamer and not playing them make you a frat boy?
#3AdmiralTealeafPosted 1/31/2014 2:34:46 AM
Knowing how blizzard is, it more than likely will be. Probably later than the pc version though.
#4jmattrPosted 2/1/2014 5:26:14 AM
Either zero percent or one hundred percent, only time will tell.
---
You are now ignoring this user's topics and posts.
#5GoneHollow78Posted 2/1/2014 5:15:33 PM
It will more than likely be announced for xbox one after the ps4 version is released. I highly doubt whether it will go to 360 or ps3 as most players will migrate their characters over and u can only do this once. Besides, the game runs like crap on 360/ps3 even with the substantially lower mob density than pc the game freezes regularly.
#6NazanirPosted 2/2/2014 8:28:47 AM
GoneHollow78 posted...
It will more than likely be announced for xbox one after the ps4 version is released. I highly doubt whether it will go to 360 or ps3 as most players will migrate their characters over and u can only do this once. Besides, the game runs like crap on 360/ps3 even with the substantially lower mob density than pc the game freezes regularly.

This seems likely, it seems like the PS has some limited exclusivity to Diablo 3 at the moment, so when that expires, it's more than likely to be announced.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir
#7Achronos117Posted 2/3/2014 1:01:28 PM
Pretty sure I read that the expac will come out on PS4 and not XBone, but Blizzard said the expansion will be ported to console versions of Diablo 3.
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!
#8GoneHollow78Posted 2/3/2014 2:59:54 PM
Achronos117 posted...
Pretty sure I read that the expac will come out on PS4 and not XBone, but Blizzard said the expansion will be ported to console versions of Diablo 3.

Blizzard has never once said no to xbox one version of the game. However ps3 version came out and a short while later the 360 version released i believe ps4/xboxone will be same scenario. At least i hope so as i'm paragon 72 and have all 5 chars to 60. It'd be a real shame to lose all that hard work.
#9thestickerPosted 2/3/2014 4:10:06 PM
Achronos117 posted...
Pretty sure I read that the expac will come out on PS4 and not XBone

No idea where the heck you might have read that but it's not true. Also the 360 version of D3 came out on the same day as the PS3 version so there's no reason to expect that RoS will come out later on Xbox than on Playstation.

I think some of you are a lil confused here: Sony struck a deal with Activision so that Activision would announce the PS3 version of Diablo 3 much earlier than the 360 version, and do it on stage as part of a large press conference. At that time we didn't know that D3 was coming to the 360 at all but about a month or so before the PS3 version was slated for release, the 360 version was also announced in a quiet blog post on Blizzard's website. The exact same thing is happening here. Only the PS4 version has been announced, simply because Sony paid Activision to delay the announcement of the Xbox One version. It will come to the Xbox One, and it will come out on the same day as the PS4 version (barring any delays caused strictly by any kind of technical issues with the hardware).

As for the DLC coming to 360, it's 50/50. There are a few reasons why it should and a few reasons why it wouldn't. First reason why it should come to 360/PS3 is because it will make good money. To anyone who says the game "runs like crap" on the current gen consoles, take the stick out of your ass. The game runs fine, it's perfectly playable, it looks nice, it does not "run like crap". Sure it doesn't run as well as it would on a decent PC, but that is and always has been one of Diablo's core design tenets: scalability. The games are designed to take advantage of high-end hardware, but they're designed to be able to run well on low-end hardware as well. Whether or not they believe they can bring a worthy Reaper of Souls experience to the 360/PS3 is obviously something we can't know until they make an official announcement. But in the end remember that this is Activision we're talking about, so it's likely that they will make sure there is a PS3/360 version of the DLC.
#10GoneHollow78Posted 2/3/2014 10:46:14 PM
thesticker posted...
Achronos117 posted...
Pretty sure I read that the expac will come out on PS4 and not XBone

No idea where the heck you might have read that but it's not true. Also the 360 version of D3 came out on the same day as the PS3 version so there's no reason to expect that RoS will come out later on Xbox than on Playstation.

I think some of you are a lil confused here: Sony struck a deal with Activision so that Activision would announce the PS3 version of Diablo 3 much earlier than the 360 version, and do it on stage as part of a large press conference. At that time we didn't know that D3 was coming to the 360 at all but about a month or so before the PS3 version was slated for release, the 360 version was also announced in a quiet blog post on Blizzard's website. The exact same thing is happening here. Only the PS4 version has been announced, simply because Sony paid Activision to delay the announcement of the Xbox One version. It will come to the Xbox One, and it will come out on the same day as the PS4 version (barring any delays caused strictly by any kind of technical issues with the hardware).

As for the DLC coming to 360, it's 50/50. There are a few reasons why it should and a few reasons why it wouldn't. First reason why it should come to 360/PS3 is because it will make good money. To anyone who says the game "runs like crap" on the current gen consoles, take the stick out of your ass. The game runs fine, it's perfectly playable, it looks nice, it does not "run like crap". Sure it doesn't run as well as it would on a decent PC, but that is and always has been one of Diablo's core design tenets: scalability. The games are designed to take advantage of high-end hardware, but they're designed to be able to run well on low-end hardware as well. Whether or not they believe they can bring a worthy Reaper of Souls experience to the 360/PS3 is obviously something we can't know until they make an official announcement. But in the end remember that this is Activision we're talking about, so it's likely that they will make sure there is a PS3/360 version of the DLC.

Well i guess u must be the guy that supercharged his xbox cos i have an older 360 and a new 360 both of which freeze up fairly often. A lot of the builds were designed for the mob densities on pc eg Wd fire bats/pestilence build even harder to play cm wiz on console not impossible just harder. If u played pc version these discrepancies stand out like neon signs. The next gen will hopefully be closer to the pc version than to the 360/ps3 versions. Sure the game does run and looks pretty good and there are a lot of better game mechanics than pc ie loot 2.0. But imo a game that freezes fairly often is running like crap. Which means that this game is pretty close to the 360's limits.