2 Puzzle Rings on a follower double the chances for a Treasure Goblin? Also...

#1pro9b17Posted 1/31/2014 6:19:24 PM
Hi, 3 main questions here, with a few other questions related to what I'm asking:

1. Just got another Puzzle Ring, and I have one equipped on my follower already. If I equip both on my follower, do the chances for a Treasure Goblin to appear when taking damage stack?

2. And is there a way to somewhat "farm" Treasure Goblins with this ring? Like say I give my follower equipment that gives him lots of max health and damage protection, but give him a low damaging weapon so he can't kill off the low level enemies too quickly. If I let some minor enemies surround him and just wail on him (the Templar), is that a viable way of farming for Treasure Goblins?

3. Last question(s)- I am playing Inferno on Hard difficulty chapter II, and I came across a Keywarden. I have a plan for a Hellfire ring, but the Keywarden didn't drop any of the parts needed to make the Hellfire ring. If I bump the difficulty to Master 1, and have 3 stacks of Nephalem Valor and kill a Keywarden, will it always drop at least one ingredient for the Hellfire ring? Or do I need to be in Master 5 difficulty for Keywardens to drop these ingredients? And is there a specific area where Keywardens are most likely to appear in Inferno? My character can handle Master 1 difficulty, but anything higher than that and I get killed pretty quickly.

Thanks!
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#2kranders26Posted 1/31/2014 6:49:20 PM
1. You can only equip one.

2. Goblin only triggers once every 15 minutes so to farm you would have to just wait.

3. Drops are random but each MP increases the % chance.
---
xbox live: kranders
#3AdmiralTealeafPosted 1/31/2014 9:03:39 PM
I just started farming keys on master 3 with 3 stacks of NV and I've gotten a key every time. Was it the RNG gods smiling down upon me, or is it 100% or close to it on said difficulty. I'd appreciate someone else's input on my theory.
#4Azrael0206Posted 2/1/2014 4:16:24 AM
AdmiralTealeaf posted...
I just started farming keys on master 3 with 3 stacks of NV and I've gotten a key every time. Was it the RNG gods smiling down upon me, or is it 100% or close to it on said difficulty. I'd appreciate someone else's input on my theory.

If you make your own topic for things like this I'm sure someone would help. No need to hijack.
Short story though, no you were lucky. 60% chance with 3 NV on M3
---
Manager at Foveroula's Pawn Shop- X: 3909-8285-2802
'Yo they sent a monkey to space, nobody cares if you graduated high school..' -Bunzilla
#5jmattrPosted 2/1/2014 5:24:16 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
AdmiralTealeaf posted...

If you make your own topic for things like this I'm sure someone would help. No need to hijack.

Cant "hijack" a post that was already answered in the first reply and why make a new post when he can ask here, seeing as it is OT?
---
You are now ignoring this user's topics and posts.
#6Azrael0206Posted 2/1/2014 6:00:25 AM
jmattr posted...
Azrael0206 posted...
AdmiralTealeaf posted...

Cant "hijack" a post that was already answered in the first reply and why make a new post when he can ask here, seeing as it is OT?

Your opinion is valued, but it's still hijacking. I answered his question so why are your jimmies so rustled?
---
Manager at Foveroula's Pawn Shop- X: 3909-8285-2802
'Yo they sent a monkey to space, nobody cares if you graduated high school..' -Bunzilla
#7xboxBUNZILLAPosted 2/1/2014 8:04:43 AM
What's all this talk about keys??
Where do I get them??
What kind of doors do they open??
Or do they open locked chests??
---
listen, i aint superstitious.. but these n****** is nice.
#8pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 4:23:41 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
What's all this talk about keys??
Where do I get them??
What kind of doors do they open??
Or do they open locked chests??

We are talking about Keywardens, which can give you the ingredients required to make a Hellfire Ring. You can buy the plans for a Hellfire Ring of X (STR, DEX, INT, VIT) in Act II of Inferno at the Hidden Camp from the little girl merchant near the blacksmith and jeweler. She also sells the plans for Archon Armor of X as well. Anyways, the higher Master difficulty setting you are on, the higher % chance that a Keywarden will drop the ingredients. I actually found a Keywarden in Act II on Master 1 in Oasis, but he didn't drop anything.

After you buy the expensive plan for the Hellfire Ring, there is a lengthy process in being able to craft them, but supposedly they are worth it. I have not tried one yet. By the time you reach Act II Inferno, you will have plenty of gold and should have no problem affording the plans, which I think are 100k gold IIRC.
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#9xboxBUNZILLAPosted 2/1/2014 4:47:18 PM
I thought this topic was about two puzzle rings??
---
listen, i aint superstitious.. but these n****** is nice.
#10shadowvaynePosted 2/1/2014 5:10:10 PM
The keywardens drop keys you need to make an infernal machine. The machine opens a portal in the heretics abode, which is located in act 1 town. There are 3 portals to open that lead to a double boss fight. These bosses are hopped up versions of bosses you have fought before. So you need 3 keys from each of the keywardens from acts 1 to 3 to get all 3 portals to open for a chance at a piece to make a hellfire ring. The act 4 keywarden drops the plans for the infernal machine. Plus you need to be in inferno, to even get the wardens to show up, and with the 3 stacks of nephalem valor to have a better chance at the pieces. The master level difficulties also increases your chances for keys and hellfire ring pieces.