Import original Rocksmith songs for a fee....

#1wyldecavemanPosted 10/17/2013 2:04:31 AM
Just read an article which says you can import the original songs for an unspecified fee, I feel that's bit of a bad move charging people extra for moving their songs over if they've already bought the first game. They should have done like the old Rock Band games and give you a code to import the songs over if bought new.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/16/rocksmith-2014-edition-full-tracklist-revealed-original-rocksmith-songs-can-be-imported-for-a-fee/
---
Playing :- RockSmith, GTA V,
Waiting for :- RockSmith 2014, BandFuse, Beyond: Two Souls, Batman Arkham origins, Dark Souls II
#2Fryedaddy4Posted 10/17/2013 3:44:14 AM
You had to pay $5 to import RB1 and $10 to import RB2. So hopefully it's not much more than that.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1086998/wilsongf_medium.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbtyEYk-fY
#3o311rocksPosted 10/17/2013 11:06:55 AM
wyldecaveman posted...
Just read an article which says you can import the original songs for an unspecified fee, I feel that's bit of a bad move charging people extra for moving their songs over if they've already bought the first game. They should have done like the old Rock Band games and give you a code to import the songs over if bought new.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/16/rocksmith-2014-edition-full-tracklist-revealed-original-rocksmith-songs-can-be-imported-for-a-fee/

Yeh the RB games and GH games charged for import because the licensing has to be renegotiated. The songs were originally only licensed for RS1 and not for export to another game or version of the game. This is why in RB songs like Enter Sandman and Battery don't export to the newer versions. They couldnt renegotiate the export or get it at a reasonable price. It will always be this way with moving songs between games.
---
JiggleBill on YouTube
#4danderson 75Posted 10/17/2013 11:08:20 AM
It sounds awesome that you will be able to import the songs, plus paying a fee is not too bad. The alt is to have to switch games to play all those songs from Rocksmtih.

Now maybe I will get the feedback to what I am doing wrong on the bends on Where is My Mind? I have been stuck forever on trying to get the solo part down on that song.
#5Ultima DragonPosted 10/17/2013 4:39:05 PM
I don't know how much the fee will be, but $20 or less and I'll be happy. Re-licensing isn't cheap, but there's another aspect that you may or may not be aware of.. and that's the fact that the songs have all been re-done to include the new techniques and features introduced in this edition of the game. I didn't have much of a problem with the old game, but there were a lot of techniques and polish missing to really get the feel right for a lot of the songs featured. Bending, harmonics, slides, etc are all much more precise.

Another huge deal for me is tone-switching. I've been wanting this since I first played the game. You know songs that have clean parts and distorted parts, so the dev team is forced to compromise with a lackluster tone that's never quite clean and never quite has the right "crunch?" You were forced to use the same tone for the duration of the song, unless you made your own and clumsily hit buttons on your controller in the middle of the song. This is smooth and automatic now, and songs that feature different tones will reflect that. I'm not sure how far they went with it (will we get a tone change when the guitarist kicks in a little wah just for the solo?) But this touch makes a huge difference to me, and it's going to sound a lot better when I'm playing too.

So don't think of it like paying for the same songs all over again, think of it as an investment toward a better/more complete experience. They actually put some work into this. Did you buy the bass expansion when that came out? You were technically buying all the same songs, but with it a whole collection of new techniques and tones were included. This is pretty much the same.
---
"It's Canada, their idea of rioting is a half-muttered swear word." - deathbeforelife
#6o311rocksPosted 10/20/2013 4:43:14 PM
Ultima Dragon posted...
I don't know how much the fee will be, but $20 or less and I'll be happy. Re-licensing isn't cheap, but there's another aspect that you may or may not be aware of.. and that's the fact that the songs have all been re-done to include the new techniques and features introduced in this edition of the game. I didn't have much of a problem with the old game, but there were a lot of techniques and polish missing to really get the feel right for a lot of the songs featured. Bending, harmonics, slides, etc are all much more precise.

Another huge deal for me is tone-switching. I've been wanting this since I first played the game. You know songs that have clean parts and distorted parts, so the dev team is forced to compromise with a lackluster tone that's never quite clean and never quite has the right "crunch?" You were forced to use the same tone for the duration of the song, unless you made your own and clumsily hit buttons on your controller in the middle of the song. This is smooth and automatic now, and songs that feature different tones will reflect that. I'm not sure how far they went with it (will we get a tone change when the guitarist kicks in a little wah just for the solo?) But this touch makes a huge difference to me, and it's going to sound a lot better when I'm playing too.

So don't think of it like paying for the same songs all over again, think of it as an investment toward a better/more complete experience. They actually put some work into this. Did you buy the bass expansion when that came out? You were technically buying all the same songs, but with it a whole collection of new techniques and tones were included. This is pretty much the same.

Great points. My guess is the export fee will be around $10. I don't see them going over $15. I am really excited to hear and play with all the new tones because the amp mode ended up being my favorite part of RS1. I wear earbuds connected to my laptop with over the ear Seinheissers connected to my xbox, and spend hours just soloing over the tracks using the RS tones. It's not the greatest setup, but it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Also session mode seems to be the answer to my prayers as long as it works as well as I hope. Fingers crossed. :0
---
JiggleBill on YouTube
#7SixStringHeroPosted 10/21/2013 10:28:17 AM
I'm assuming the imported songs with have the UI and mechanics of the new game? If so, I won't mind a modest fee.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#8inkyheadPosted 10/21/2013 12:33:48 PM
o311rocks posted...
This is why in RB songs like Enter Sandman and Battery don't export to the newer versions. They couldnt renegotiate the export or get it at a reasonable price. It will always be this way with moving songs between games.

Interesting. Thanks for passing that along, it makes me feel a lot better about the fee for import. I'm hoping it won't be more than $10 but I can see up to $15 being reasonable.
#9Ultima DragonPosted 10/21/2013 2:52:04 PM
o311rocks posted...
Also session mode seems to be the answer to my prayers as long as it works as well as I hope. Fingers crossed. :0

Oh, for sure. If Session Mode is done well I can see myself spending hours at a time in there. :P

I've watched quite a few videos but I really need to sit down with it and experiment myself to really get a feel for its potential. But going by what I've seen so far, it seems totally out of this world. Nothing else like it out there, so I've really got high hopes for it. Seems very customizable, so I'm hoping it doesn't end up being extremely limited/"gimmicky."
---
"It's Canada, their idea of rioting is a half-muttered swear word." - deathbeforelife
#10danderson 75Posted 10/22/2013 6:45:25 AM
It is $10 butt not all of the songs are included

From Xbox.com :
Congratulations! You are entitled to download the Rocksmith Disc Import Pack, which allows you to play updated versions of on-disc songs from the original Rocksmith game on Rocksmith® 2014. Included arrangements of songs may vary between Rocksmith and Rocksmith® 2014. Does not include: Stone Temple Pilots - Between the Lines Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline The Cure - Boys Don't Cry Sigur Ros - Gobbledigok The XX - Islands Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama The Pixies - Where is My Mind? Jarvis Cocker - Angela Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out Eric Clapton - Run Back to Your Side Cream - Sunshine of Your Love Seth Chapla - Star Spangled Banner Seth Chapla - Jules Chris Lee - Boss NOTE: Rocksmith® 2014 game disc is required for play. Music credits available at www.rocksmith.com. Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB.

URL: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Rocksmith-Disc-Import-Pack/421b9a23-4b5f-42b8-9d40-85c6d638350d?noSplash=1

Kind of upset about where is my mind not being on the list but tons of good songs without having to switch games.