Protip: You CAN flip the strings UPSIDE DOWN in Options.

#1Billkwando_XPosted 3/11/2014 8:28:13 AM
So I got Rocksmith about a week or so ago, and kept hearing from other experienced players that it sucks that the strings are right side up, rather than upside down, like in guitar tab.

What these folks DIDN'T mention is that you can easily go into options and flip it......so after playing RS for about a week, and finally starting to find the string view less confusing, I figure out that I can flip it, and have managed to put myself through another confusing week, due to the fact that I had gotten used to it the other way.

Even so, what's 1 week of Rocksmith in the face of 25 years of reading guitar tabs? Even if it is confusing, it's a more familiar kind of confusing.....like an old pair of confusing socks. I'm sure I'll get used to it in no time.

I just restarted on the super easy songs, because a power chord is a power chord, and my brain can always process that whichever way it's facing.

Anyway....for anybody who's about to get it or just got it....'just say no' to right side up guitars....
---
GT: Billkwando
Using Rock Band instruments on DTXMania (the Drummania/Guitar Freaks emulator): http://www.angelfire.com/nm/neogeoinserts/rbondtxmania.html
#2y2jay15944_GFPosted 3/31/2014 8:18:43 AM
Oh dear lord I wish I knew this.

11 years of reading tabs and dabbling with sheet music (which like tabs, has the lowest notes.....lower.......), and while I get why they did it this way it doesn't work completely well with my brain.