Mario's Cat Suit? Yellow? Why?

#1NES_Man_IIPosted 6/17/2013 3:23:41 PM
Why is Mario's cat suit a yellow color, shouldn't it be red? All of the other three characters have the appropriate color for their cat suit. What gives? This makes no sense at all.
#2Marcx629Posted 6/17/2013 3:29:48 PM(edited)
I think it's because the base color of the cat suit is yellow. Kind of like how the Tanooki suit's base color is brown. It's a weak argument, but it's the best I got for this.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#3gamestar3000Posted 6/17/2013 4:35:45 PM
I dunno, s*** happens.
---
Kaepora Gaebora - Do you not want to unhear what I didn't just say to you once?
Me - F***.
#4GamespohtPosted 6/17/2013 7:24:06 PM
The cat's bell is yellow, so the main character must be yellow.

/it's something
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#5TowdPosted 6/18/2013 4:34:25 AM
Because sometimes things just have to be Yellow! (I have no idea).
#6trenkenPosted 6/18/2013 5:11:55 AM
Game isnt done yet guys. Remember that first Galaxy trailer we saw? It was a lot different than the final game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7Glem3Posted 6/18/2013 5:55:12 AM
That first trailer was also much further off from release. I'm guessing it's not red because Mario having a suit with red fur would look weird? It would also be harder to recognize as a cat, the color would be too intense.
---
Come join Super Mario Galaxy 2.5!
SuperMarioGalaxy2-5.com
#8jbhensPosted 6/18/2013 6:15:35 AM
trenken posted...
Game isnt done yet guys. Remember that first Galaxy trailer we saw? It was a lot different than the final game.

The game is do out in less then 7 months. And no, the first Galaxy trailer was not a lot different than the final game. Why do people make stuff up?
#9trenkenPosted 6/18/2013 9:03:38 AM
jbhens posted...
trenken posted...

The game is do out in less then 7 months. And no, the first Galaxy trailer was not a lot different than the final game. Why do people make stuff up?

Go watch that Galaxy E3 trailer again please. There is quite a bit in thats different. Even essential gameplay elements like collecting star bits. Let me know how what works in the E3 demo.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10jbhensPosted 6/18/2013 9:29:09 AM
trenken posted...
jbhens posted...
trenken posted...

Go watch that Galaxy E3 trailer again please. There is quite a bit in thats different. Even essential gameplay elements like collecting star bits. Let me know how what works in the E3 demo.

I know your going to argue your "point" no matter what. But no, the first unveil of Mario Galaxy was not "a lot different" than the final game. Also, Mario 3D World is 7 months away, whereas Galaxy was still over a year away in 2006. Here is the official unveil for you to watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRGMlhlFmo