Sorry but beating all levels with all characters to unlock final world? NOPE!

#1gfaqsterPosted 12/11/2013 3:45:19 AM
obtain all stamps? sure...
obtain all stars? obviously
make all checkpoint flags Gold? sure

BUT then... "to get the 5 character stamps you must beat all levels with these characters" >__>
well I just beat them all with Mario.

Having to go back and beat them all again with the remaining 4 characters is total BS

I'm all for hard challenges and being completionist but tediousness and repititive crap is nonsense.
I hate games that force you to do multiple playthroughs more than twice to unlock everything.

Mario 3D Land on 3DS was great because you only had to beat each level once with Mario and then with Luigi.
It wasn't tedious and was good.
But 5 characters? f*** that.

I really wanted to play Crown World too ;_;
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2illusionturtlePosted 12/11/2013 3:50:49 AM
You only need stamps that aren't character stamps, so just collect the ones from stages.
---
Now Playing : Super Mario 3D World
Now Awaiting : SMG3, SSB4
#3gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:51:45 AM
illusionturtle posted...
You only need stamps that aren't character stamps, so just collect the ones from stages.

really? phew thats a lifesaver :D
The Cheats section is wrong then and someone should fix it.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#4Steven-ChasePosted 12/11/2013 5:33:14 AM
I'm... not sure how it's wrong.

It specifically says that, to unlock World Crown, you need to... "Obtain all stamps, Green Stars, and make all Checkpoint Flags Gold from World 1 to World Flower."

And then, for the five character stamps, it says... "In order to get the last five character stamps, you have to beat all the levels with every character."

World Crown has courses in it. So you need to collect everything up to World Crown in order to play World Crown. Then you need to literally complete everything in the game with everyone to unlock the last five stamps.

I... really don't know why there are so many threads about this.
---
www.steven-chase.com
www.megamanmonthly.com
#5NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 12/11/2013 9:33:25 AM
I'm right now in the process of beating every level with every character....and I dread having to do so on crown crown and the crown mystery house. I just wanted to know, is there any final reward for collecting these five last stamps?
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#6illusionturtlePosted 12/11/2013 9:40:58 AM
I think you get five stars instead of four on the save file screen?
---
Now Playing : Super Mario 3D World
Now Awaiting : SMG3, SSB4
#7friendlydudePosted 12/11/2013 9:53:59 AM
I hate games that force you to do multiple playthroughs more than twice to unlock everything.

Make twice once, and I agree :)
#8AdmiralQballPosted 12/11/2013 9:56:21 AM
Well you are the one making the mistake of rushing through them all in one go to unlock everything. You could play through it with Mario, then put it down and come back a in few months when you want to play it again and finish all levels as luigi. Then maybe play with a friend later and beat it as Toad and Peach.
---
Pearl FC 3909 4588 9972
White FC 0905 6248 6243
#9RyokoYaksaPosted 12/11/2013 10:42:16 AM
Steven-Chase posted...

It specifically says that, to unlock World Crown, you need to... "Obtain all stamps, Green Stars, and make all Checkpoint Flags Gold from World 1 to World Flower."

And then, for the five character stamps, it says... "In order to get the last five character stamps, you have to beat all the levels with every character."

World Crown has courses in it. So you need to collect everything up to World Crown in order to play World Crown. Then you need to literally complete everything in the game with everyone to unlock the last five stamps.

I don't know why either, because if all of the complaint threads were true then it would actually be impossible to unlock the final world, as it has levels with stars, stamps, flagpoles, character completion credits. smh
#10Rasputin77Posted 12/11/2013 11:40:11 AM
Steven-Chase posted...

I'm... sure you understand not everyone views the board at the same time.

I... assure you there's enough web space for more of them, too.

I... hear Captain Kirk in my head as I read this.

Khan!!!
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
I'm only a jerk to jerks. If you pay attention, you already know that.