Any way to disable the blue border on the screen?

#1TheSlowpokePosted 6/18/2014 1:54:37 PM
I noticed the corners of the screen in this game are all tinted blue. At first I thought my TV was messed up but its on the gamepad as well and it disappears when I pause the game.

I dont know what its purpose is but I find it super distracting, is there any way to get rid of it?
---
http://www.vgcats.com/super/newsimage/slow.gif
#2Watt64Posted 6/18/2014 2:44:23 PM
It's only in multiplayer when players get far apart, isn't it?
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#3TheSlowpoke(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2014 3:01:10 PM
No, I'm playing in single player, in the ice world ATM, and it's still there.
---
http://www.vgcats.com/super/newsimage/slow.gif
#4Watt64Posted 6/18/2014 3:12:47 PM
TheSlowpoke posted...
No, I'm playing in single player, in the ice world ATM, and it's still there.

Okay, I have no idea what you mean. Could you show me a picture?
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#5Wiiboy4everPosted 6/18/2014 9:25:17 PM
Like the dumb Sunshine camera-in-wall thing? I've never seen that in this game...
#6EeqmcsqPosted 6/18/2014 10:14:51 PM(edited)
I think I see what he's talking about. Go to 3-3, Shifty Boo Mansion. Since a lot of the stage background is pure black, I can see the blue tint along the left and right edges of the gamepad screen and TV screen.

If you go to 3-4, Pretty Plaza Panic, I can see sort of a yellowish/white tint on the left and right sides.

I have a feeling that's there by design, possibly an effect to increase the visual mood of the stage? Or maybe it's supposed to give you a subtle feeling of looking into the "distant horizon", kind of like how distant objects appear bluish?

This effect doesn't seem to appear in every stage, though. 3-5, Pipeline Lagoon doesn't appear to have any side tinting, even when you come across a pure black wall.

Edit: Now that I play through 3-3 again, it's possible the blue tint on the sides were added to match the blue tint of the ghosts when they chase you, making you feel like you're surrounded by this spooky aura while you're in the ghost house.
#7EeqmcsqPosted 6/18/2014 10:14:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]