If roxas can use two keyblades, one of which is sora's...

#31meggido_flarePosted 11/11/2013 9:00:12 PM
Cool.....so, calling him Van is dumb. And annoying. Mostly dumb.
---
This user scares me :(
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=0
#32Hirokey123Posted 11/11/2013 9:14:39 PM
I can't believe you're asking me to support calling Ventus's heart gentle, I didn't say it was weak because it was gentle just that it was gentle AND weak. But if I must Master Xehanort himself calls Ventus to gentle.

And that was when I met Ventus and made him my pupil. We were destined to meet, and I could sense the potential within him, but the boy was too benign for his own good. I came to the conclusion he was too frail to serve as a vessel, and decided to use him for a second purpose I had in mind.

And Vanitas wasn't the one who induced the split master Xehanort was. So if Vanitas had taken to much from Ventus at their birth the only one who can be held accountable for that is Master Xehanort.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#33chaosflame108Posted 11/11/2013 9:20:33 PM
Don't the xehanort reports mention Vanitas having a connection to Ventus' heart still? It's why he knew Ventus was so attached to Terra, he could feel it.

Ventus should have been able to use Vanitas' keyblade, and vice verse, the only reason he didn't was because plot.
---
No. XI MARLUXIA
In the arc of his scythe, flowers grow and all else perishes.
#34Hirokey123Posted 11/11/2013 9:21:43 PM
And because he has no logically reason to attempt to...
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#35Sticky_DerpPosted 11/11/2013 9:26:28 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
I can't believe you're asking me to support calling Ventus's heart gentle, I didn't say it was weak because it was gentle just that it was gentle AND weak. But if I must Master Xehanort himself calls Ventus to gentle.

I'm not - it wasn't particularly related to the point at hand, but it was something that you're assuming.

However, now that you mention it, no - it's not his heart that's weak. It's that his heart was broken. Sora patched him up, and he did fine, right? He lived, learned to use the Keyblade more to his own style, and eventually beat Vanitas - with the same heart he had after the Ven/Vanitas split. So, no, I don't agree with that.

Though, gentle, yeah. That whole "pure light" thing works to that effect. It's more the weak part, the way you were phrasing it, and stuff.

And Vanitas wasn't the one who induced the split master Xehanort was. So if Vanitas had taken to much from Ventus at their birth the only one who can be held accountable for that is Master Xehanort.

That has nothing to do with anything, though. There's no indication that anything was "botched." The birth of Vanitas went exactly as planned - the only issue is that the darkness that formed Vanitas was a sizable part of Ven's heart, that Ven couldn't live without. MX didn't give a s***, he didn't lament that something went wrong, he just said that "If both could be made strong enough to one day clash, I knew the x-blade would be forged" - which is exactly what happened.

In fact, Xehanort himself says, "As was to be expected, Ventus lacked the constitution for such an ordeal," right in the part you quoted. He was pretty sure Ven wouldn't survive it.

There was no botch.

The issue isn't exactly with the information you were dealing with, Hiro, but that you were phrasing your own biases into opinion-statements and muddying the facts.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#36ajmrowland1Posted 11/11/2013 10:18:01 PM
Except Xehanort actually was a little concerned.....that his plan would have failed. He legitimately thought Ven was going to die.
#37DemyxusPosted 11/11/2013 11:18:19 PM(edited)
My theory is that because Ven was able to summon his keyblade after his heart got fractured there is no connection between the keyblade of Ven and the one of Van.
---
FC: 3480-3750-9601
#38Sticky_DerpPosted 11/11/2013 11:13:48 PM
ajmrowland1 posted...
Except Xehanort actually was a little concerned.....that his plan would have failed. He legitimately thought Ven was going to die.

He was bringing Ven to DI to die.
All he needed was a strong light, it being connected directly to the darkness was only a plus to make it easier.
As was said directly later on in the story, Aqua would have made a perfectly acceptable light to clash with Vanitas.

Ven dying was of no concern to MX in the long run. You're hugely misunderstanding something if you think that.

And MX always thinks in the long run, as we should all know by now.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#39looselink(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:21:08 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
ajmrowland1 posted...

All he needed was a strong light, it being connected directly to the darkness was only a plus to make it easier.
As was said directly later on in the story, Aqua would have made a perfectly acceptable light to clash with Vanitas.

Ven dying was of no concern to MX in the long run. You're hugely misunderstanding something if you think that.

If Aqua was an acceptable substitute why didn't they forge the x-blade in Neverland? Thinking you just needed a strong light may have just been xehanort being too rash in his old age.
---
Yukimura Sanada
#40DemyxusPosted 11/11/2013 11:25:47 PM
looselink posted...
Sticky_Derp posted...
ajmrowland1 posted...

If Aqua was an acceptable substitute why didn't they forge the x-blade in Neverland? Thinking you just needed a strong light may have just been xehanort being too rash in his old age.

That's what he said in DDD
---
FC: 3480-3750-9601