What did you legitimately dislike about BBS?

#1Rurouni720Posted 12/29/2013 7:29:34 PM
Topic.
#2Sticky_DerpPosted 12/29/2013 7:39:06 PM
Command board and tedious repetition in minigame completion [mainly thinking of racing in Mirage Arena].
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#3ExtremeLightPosted 12/29/2013 7:40:43 PM
The only thing I dislike was how small/linear/empty the worlds were except for Disney Town.
---
In love with Beyonce's new album.
#4DuskBringerPosted 12/29/2013 7:50:32 PM
How the multi-character system was handled. Post-game is incredibly repetitive. 90% of the plot is pushed forward by the characters being completely thick. Terrible secret bosses. Command styles being too forced. Awful Level 1 Run. Shotlocks were like Limits, except significantly more broken. Worlds are way too damn small and empty. Terra's voice. Complete lack of aerial combat.
---
http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/
For all your Kingdom Hearts needs.
#5stretch126Posted 12/29/2013 8:01:56 PM
got repetitive...and it was on the psp. Analog still feels weird til this day.
#6Hirokey123Posted 12/29/2013 8:22:22 PM
The writing taking the most god awful nose dive after Days is my main beef. BBS has a fantastic story, probably one of my favorite stories in the KH series, but the writing turns a great story into a complete and utter mess.

Case in point the Unversed, the idea of emotions coming to life is cool and all but you know the game can't get straight what it wants the unversed to be. Do they come from Vanitas? Do they come from anyone's emotions? Are they just emotions? Or are they objects possessed by emotions? Because every single one of those examples happens in BBS it makes the unversed's explanation make no damn sense.

Also their name makes no damn sense Unversed means those not versed in life...okay...well great that has absolutely nothing to do with what they are. Did I mention the game also can't decide if they are just normal monsters that can be killed or if they require the keyblade to be destroyed? Because Deep space brings up the idea that regular weapons can't actually kill the unversed which is a plot point that had absolutely no bearing in any other world...it doesn't even have baring in that world stitch helps you KILL unversed! >_>

Oh also may I just add in the fact Ventus knows all about the Unversed despite no one ever tells them their name or what they look like or anything? Ventus wasn't there to learn Unversed was a thing he was to busy chatting it up with Vanitas yet he suddenly knew what the Unversed were for no damn reason.

And you know the real kicker is this whole mess right here has enough signs to point that its the result of last minute story changes trying to rework the entire plot. In fact it's likely numerous messy part of BBS's writing is because they changed the fact the plot was originally going to focus on life before birth.

In fact after the writing the Unversed are my biggest beef beyond all the numerous things above I've already stated lets just throw in how absolutely boring they are. I kept calling them heartless for a good portion of the game because they may as well have been heartless. They were created to be heartless substitutes except the lore around them is shallow, makes little sense, and these things have next to no truly dangerous abilities. They can't steal hearts or destroy worlds, they can't reproduce like a zombie invasion, and they don't have a dangerous level of intelligence. They are little more than common generic monster who have no baring in the overarching universe nor is anything actually done with them that has any real important. They are literally in the game to make young stronger...I can't being to stress how shallow and horrible a reason that is for the core enemy race of the game to exist. >_>

Unversed is how you do a bad heartless substitute, Dream Eaters is how you do a good heartless substitute.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7slmcknettPosted 12/29/2013 8:27:25 PM
The writing was crap.
The worlds were lifeless.
Every character (except maybe Xehanort) was a one-dimensional tool.
Bad voice acting.
Unversed were boring.
lolPSP
No capes.
Olympus Coliseum had no tournaments.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img62/6467/b53l.png
Kari Wahlgren: "Guys, I just can't wrap my mouth around it."
#8SoeroahPosted 12/29/2013 8:28:13 PM
The fact that it introduced something as fun as the Command Board only to never provide another mini game as fun as that to date. Not even a stand-alone game.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#9RPGNoZeroPosted 12/29/2013 8:49:53 PM
Mysterious Figure and other secret bosses being super cheap

Command Board is boring as f**k, and yet we're forced to play it if we want to level up Mirage Arena. Same with Disney Town Racing.

PSP analog stick

Lack of enemy variation, making grinding to be very repetitive.

Ven's ice cream minigame

Origin of Unversed

small, lifeless world

All disney worlds after Radiant Garden feels like dragging filler.

forced "friendship", TVA barely talks for me to care that much about them.

Empty Olympus Coliseum and Castle of Dream
#10ShinobiHuntPosted 12/29/2013 8:57:46 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
The writing taking the most god awful nose dive after Days is my main beef. BBS has a fantastic story, probably one of my favorite stories in the KH series, but the writing turns a great story into a complete and utter mess.

Case in point the Unversed, the idea of emotions coming to life is cool and all but you know the game can't get straight what it wants the unversed to be. Do they come from Vanitas? Do they come from anyone's emotions? Are they just emotions? Or are they objects possessed by emotions? Because every single one of those examples happens in BBS it makes the unversed's explanation make no damn sense.

Also their name makes no damn sense Unversed means those not versed in life...okay...well great that has absolutely nothing to do with what they are. Did I mention the game also can't decide if they are just normal monsters that can be killed or if they require the keyblade to be destroyed? Because Deep space brings up the idea that regular weapons can't actually kill the unversed which is a plot point that had absolutely no bearing in any other world...it doesn't even have baring in that world stitch helps you KILL unversed! >_>

Oh also may I just add in the fact Ventus knows all about the Unversed despite no one ever tells them their name or what they look like or anything? Ventus wasn't there to learn Unversed was a thing he was to busy chatting it up with Vanitas yet he suddenly knew what the Unversed were for no damn reason.

And you know the real kicker is this whole mess right here has enough signs to point that its the result of last minute story changes trying to rework the entire plot. In fact it's likely numerous messy part of BBS's writing is because they changed the fact the plot was originally going to focus on life before birth.

In fact after the writing the Unversed are my biggest beef beyond all the numerous things above I've already stated lets just throw in how absolutely boring they are. I kept calling them heartless for a good portion of the game because they may as well have been heartless. They were created to be heartless substitutes except the lore around them is shallow, makes little sense, and these things have next to no truly dangerous abilities. They can't steal hearts or destroy worlds, they can't reproduce like a zombie invasion, and they don't have a dangerous level of intelligence. They are little more than common generic monster who have no baring in the overarching universe nor is anything actually done with them that has any real important. They are literally in the game to make young stronger...I can't being to stress how shallow and horrible a reason that is for the core enemy race of the game to exist. >_>

Unversed is how you do a bad heartless substitute, Dream Eaters is how you do a good heartless substitute.

Was the whole theme of Life Before Birth for the overall story censored to avoid a T rating? I know that originally Nomura wanted the scene with young Sora and Ventus' intro talking to one another before forming their bond to have young Sora be a baby still in his mother's womb instead of being a recently born baby. Who knows what else got changed.