Do you play any other Disney video games?

#1dhaikagePosted 5/18/2014 12:43:43 PM
I've played the Spectobes trilogy, Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey and My Fairytale Adventure, and I'm working my way through Disney Infinity and Disney Magical World, all of which are perfectly good games. Does anyone else play other Disney games?

Sidenote: Jeena is my number one wish for things that won't happen in Kingdom Hearts. Zara is number two.

Jeena - http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/100/1006663/spectrobes-origins-monster-designs-20090723110411826.jpg
Zara - http://37.media.tumblr.com/23e98e645e278fb1e88aade43b127a45/tumblr_mrn13jytZW1rkjv7to1_500.png
#2SMAP-Posted 5/18/2014 12:46:01 PM
I liked some of the licensed platformers back in the day, Donald Duck Goin Quackers, The Emperor's New Groove, etc. were all fun
---
i wiped my butt with my hand because i thought it felt good then i'd wipe it on the toilet paper and i would wash my hands off with no soap -xX_PaulBlart_Xx
#3slmcknettPosted 5/18/2014 12:46:16 PM
Nope.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img62/6467/b53l.png
Kari Wahlgren: "Guys, I just can't wrap my mouth around it."
#4PrOdIgYY-LifePosted 5/18/2014 1:01:20 PM
Eghhhhhh...If you're counting movies, Meet the Robinsons...but if not, no.
---
PSN ID: Epic_LAGZ
#5Phantomz1Posted 5/18/2014 1:01:52 PM
Not really. The best ones are the ones that flat out refuse to based on something like a film. Its why games like Magical Quest are passable (they still don't hold a candle to other franchises that are mostly about the gameplay). Even "memorable" games have cheap ass difficulty like Mickey Mania. And Epic Mickey's 3DS game is annoying to play (hearing Mickey constantly go "wahoo!" when he beats an enemy is seriously grating, worse than Klonoa from Namco).

Disney's individual movies do not make for very compelling videogames overall. They lack the substance necessary to do so. This is why Kingdom Hearts is such a good franchise. It uses the Disney films in a way that assembles them for a grand adventure all the while they do not overstay their welcome (in the individual game itself as there have been complaints about the overuse of Agrabah and Olympus). Then in addition to all that KH has its own substance to add to the mix with the original story that is Sora's Story.

Needless to say being worked upon by Squaresoft/enix ensured that it would have by default good graphics and most certainly effort put into the gameplay. The end result is a very complex game series with plenty to offer (even if you remove the Disney you still have a functional gameplay in there which is what FF15 is going to try to do). Not a surprise it became the third pillar series of SE.

So to sum up, don't really play Disney games, only Kingdom Hearts.
#6Hirokey123Posted 5/18/2014 1:06:51 PM
Well I played a few mickey ones and ducktales but otherwise no.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7EnferolunosPosted 5/18/2014 1:21:18 PM(edited)
I tried epic mickey and spectrobes, and might pick up magical world

Oh right, also a couple lilo and stitch games and a monsters inc game
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#8Selt_Jr422Posted 5/18/2014 1:19:14 PM
Tarzan for PS1 :)
---
Official (Hooded) Roxas of the PS4 Kingdom Hearts 3 board
#9Hirokey123Posted 5/18/2014 1:29:21 PM
Spectrobes was Disney?
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#10PrOdIgYY-LifePosted 5/18/2014 1:30:47 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
Spectrobes was Disney?

Yeah.
---
PSN ID: Epic_LAGZ