What do you want back from the original trilogy?

#1FunkyKong84Posted 1/2/2014 8:46:21 AM
- DK Coins: Epic, epic, epic pleasure when you discover them in DKC2
- Cool Bonus levels like destroy them all, find the token etc
- Enguarde
- Kremlings and K.Rool
- Awesome enemies like:
Zingers
Armies
Gnawties
Spinies
- More zoomed in camera (at least for some levels)
- Star Barrels instead of Tutorial Pigs
---
MKW rooms: 5414-1751-1872, bikes: 2321-8230-2740
karts: 2193-9930-0913, 3DS: 1762-2720-2528
#2GoombacrusherPosted 1/2/2014 9:17:06 AM(edited)
-More variety in bonus stages (Basically the difference between DKC and DKC2 in bonus levels)
-More aesthetic variety in stages (They have the gameplay variety down though)
-DK Coins would be a nice thing to bring back
-Mining Melancholy
---
kawaii!
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 1/2/2014 2:57:27 PM
Tough question.
-First off more animal buddies. Rambi and Squawks (who technically shouldn't even qualify as he -is barely different from in DKC) is just pathetic. I would also like the bonus rooms to not be barebones banana collect-a-thons. Seriously, even DKC had more variety, and that's saying something.
-I would like an optional minigame outside of the main game like every DKC except 1 outside of the remakes, had.
-Super guide disable option. Why is this not a thing?
#4metroidhunterxPosted 1/2/2014 6:09:37 PM
FunkyKong84 posted...
- DK Coins: Epic, epic, epic pleasure when you discover them in DKC2
- Cool Bonus levels like destroy them all, find the token etc
- Enguarde
- Kremlings and K.Rool
- Awesome enemies like:
Zingers
Armies
Gnawties
Spinies
- More zoomed in camera (at least for some levels)
- Star Barrels instead of Tutorial Pigs

-DK Coins: I can live without them, but I would love to see them return.

-Bonus levels: I would prefer DKC 2/3 style bonus levels, but would settle for anything better than the obnoxiously repetitive bonus stages from DKCR.

-Enguarde: I would love to see him, and other buddies such as Squitter, return. However, I don't see a huge reason to have him in DKC:TF since DK can already attack underwater now.

-Kremlings: Yes please. I'm not convinced they were replaced by anyone worthwhile. The tikis were awful, and while I think the vikings are infinitely better, I'm still disappointed that of all the things that were missing from DKCR that have returned, the Kremlings' return wasn't one of them. Bringing back the Kremlings wouldn't be the same without K. Rool. I won't get my hopes up, but it would be great to see the original DKC enemies return.

-Zoomed in camera: Strangely, I was just thinking that the other day. It isn't by any means a deal-breaker, but I do wish the camera wasn't as zoomed out.

-Star Barrels: I thought of what I think is a great way to have a combination of the old star barrel, and a little more realistic checkpoint stand like they have now. Rather than have the pig (why the hell is he even in the game again?), have Candy at the stand, and have a pole behind the stand that has a cracked, old looking barrel with stars that are hand-painted on, and have the pole spin like those candy-cane looking poles that they sometimes have at those old-timey barber shops. Then you have a nice little cameo for Candy, and there's still the old checkpoint barrel.

-Tag team: It's impossible now. The mechanics would probably be all screwed up if they reintroduced this now, but I am extremely pissed that it didn't make its way into DKCR. There's absolutely zero reason they couldn't have designed a co-op multiplayer experience around tag team.
#5WereshovelPosted 1/3/2014 4:01:54 PM
Kremlings and atmosphere.
#6KingofAwesome69Posted 1/4/2014 7:33:57 PM
Everything listed in the OP, plus:

--Kongs being visible on the map screen (instead of a token); this may or may not be in TF
--Ability to play as non-DK Kongs in single player
--Use of four-five Animal Buddies in the game (it's no coincidence that most people have favorite levels that feature these guys)
--Creation of new Kongs or Animal Buddies, as in original trilogy (granted, of course, they don't have Tiki levels of personality)
--A Baddie Parade at the end of the game
#7TheLazyClownPosted 1/4/2014 8:14:45 PM
Music from Bonus Levels from the 1st game.
Riding on animals.
Funky Kong fast travel
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#8TheLazyClownPosted 1/4/2014 8:15:50 PM
and I guess Kremlings along with K. Rool would be nice to have too.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#9IngSlayerPosted 1/5/2014 10:03:43 AM
dixie lying on her back
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#10KJ StErOiDsPosted 1/5/2014 11:03:07 AM
Above all else, the tag-team system.
---
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com