What do you want back from the original trilogy?

#11imameliaPosted 1/5/2014 4:02:10 PM
- Animal buddies. I'd like to see the return of Squitter, maybe Squawks as he was in DKC2 and 3, maybe even Ellie. I'd like to see a couple new ones as well.
- Maybe a bit more variety in the bonus rooms. The original Donkey Kong Country was pretty good about this.
- Return of the SNES-style controls as an option (not mandatory), where B is jump, Y is run/roll/grab, and A is team up. Now, of course, what would be best is if every action could be mapped to any button you want, with or without doubling up (for instance, you could instead put run on R and grab on X, or you could keep all of those on Y, or just roll and grab).
- For that matter, the return of the team-up system from DKC2 and 3. Even if Donkey Kong still had to be in the lead all the time.
#12mekchinePosted 1/5/2014 6:21:38 PM
Bonus rooms are a must. Returns felt more like a chore since they were the same type, in the same locations. With Country unless if you played the level you didn't know what room you were going to have.

More animal Buddies are a must. Atleast have one of each between air, ground, and water buddies.

Not a must but I also wouldn't mind a little more zoomed in, so when they make a 3ds game based on the code it wouldn't be so zoomed out on a small screen.

DK coins would be nice, but with collecting KONG for a secret stage, and collecting puzzle pieces, maybe adding another item might be much. Maybe make the center piece of the puzzle pieces bigger and harder to find?

I also would rather have Candy Kong as the continue post, as it makes sense.

Cranky Kong or Ghost Wrinkly to give out hints would also be nice, having an ingame tutorial that you have to read for the really hard to find secrets instead of Squawks, to also free him up as an animal buddy basically.

Another must as others have pointed, tag-team or character selection. I don't care if it's tag-team, or jumping into a barrel mid level to change character, or voodoo magic, something to switch things up. Along with Donkey being more mighty, I want to ground pound enemies to their doom.

Also wouldn't mind classic control layout, though that's not a big thing.
#13vnom22Posted 1/5/2014 9:54:20 PM(edited)
DK Coins
K. Rool and the Kremlings
The animal buddies like Enguarde, Rambi, and Squaks--if they aren't in already.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gambit190
https://www.facebook.com/Gambit190
#14metroidhunterxPosted 1/6/2014 11:36:12 AM
mekchine posted...
DK coins would be nice, but with collecting KONG for a secret stage, and collecting puzzle pieces, maybe adding another item might be much. Maybe make the center piece of the puzzle pieces bigger and harder to find?

Make KONG good for a 1-up again, puzzle pieces unlock a secret stage, and DK coins unlock artwork or whatever. Or get rid of puzzle pieces, and have it be pieces of a broken DK coin instead.
#15Al-UzzaPosted 1/6/2014 11:09:45 PM
Wereshovel posted...
Kremlings and atmosphere.
#16DBKaiMagickPosted 1/7/2014 2:59:41 AM
I would love the ability the put barrels down again after picking them up, instead of having to throw them if I pick it up by accident
#17niels200683Posted 1/8/2014 6:49:21 AM
Hm, I've bought a 3D beamer recently, so don't care about zoomed-in features returning.
But the Kremlins should definitely return.
I was really hoping K.Rool would be the secret instigator of events at the end of DKC:R...
Claptrap is sorely missed too... he was based on a DK Jr. enemy, so he's a classic that is sorely missed in these games. Similar to the bees, which are arguably taken from DK3.
---
Doris Lessing:
There's no fool like an intellectual - a kind of clever stupidity bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience.
#18SCCAN85Posted 1/11/2014 3:25:23 AM
only tag team. I am usually player 1 but I prefer playing as Diddy as opposed to Donkey. My girl loves playing as Dixie too which is why DKC 2 is our favorite. Kinda feel forced to play as the big ape lol, tho he's fine. just hate not having that as an option.
---
PSN: Canqb5
Chargers, Clippers,Kings (NHL), and I guess Padres
#19KOTRsssPosted 1/11/2014 4:47:02 AM(edited)
Bonus rooms that actually do something like in DKC2
DK coins because having one (not 4, not 10, not 30) shiny coin to find per level is perfect
Tight controls
Swapping characters
1 hit and you're gone. Tanking multiple hits in a game like DKC is such a crutch for mediocre gameplay balance.

And most importantly... GOOD LEVEL DESIGN. DKCR was such a bust in that regard. Trial and error gameplay is not what made people love DKC1 and 2.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#20NameBrandjPosted 1/14/2014 6:11:34 AM
Love love the triology. So I am taking by the comments I shouldnt play the WII DK? Just got a WiiU and trying to catch up on all the Nintendo I missed out on. Sad to see the old ones were not on either VC.

One of my favorite things was the baddie parade at the end of the game. I hope that returns.

All the different barrells and puzzles type things.

Lots and lots of secrets. I loved in DK3 and maybe DK2 where you had places you couldnt get to until you completed several secret pieces.