Reasons why this game isn't as good as Donkey Kong Country 2

#11metroidhunterxPosted 4/14/2014 3:14:18 PM
ZeroRaider, Goombacrusher posted...
So basically it's worse than DKC2 because it isn't DKC2
Riveting

You never leave out any of the details in your analyses. I wish I could be as brutally comprehensive as you when I grow up.
#12GoombacrusherPosted 4/14/2014 3:16:55 PM
metroidhunterx posted...
Riveting

You never leave out any of the details in your analyses. I wish I could be as brutally comprehensive as you when I grow up.

Well I try my best. Good to see that people find my posts informative
---
kawaii!
#13SpunkySixPosted 4/14/2014 3:52:45 PM
metroidhunterx posted...
Riveting

To be fair, that's pretty much what a lot of TC's complaints boil down to.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#14TwilightEchoesPosted 4/14/2014 5:53:05 PM(edited)
ZeroRaider posted...
-Diversity of environments is poor. DKC2 had some fascinating and unique levels like honeycomb hives, amusement parks, dungeons, swamps, pirate ships, "lost worlds" (remember that giant bouncing tire level? That was so cool) etc. This one just has forest, more forest, a burning savannah, a juice factory in a forest, a few underwater levels, and some ice levels over a forest.

Could not disagree more. Every level in Tropical Freeze has an impressive amount of unique assets exclusive to it all-around. Simply going by the logic of world themes does not even remotely do justice to the level designs.

Visuals and platform elements are used in one level and never seen again, like hot-air balloons or tornadoes or an avalanche. And everything is impressively vibrant and animated. The production values of the levels could be the most excellent of any 2D platformer of all time, honestly. There is a lot of diversity and it's remarkably dense.

Also, DK Island's levels were the all world themes from DKCR, but frozen over, each given a level. It was much more than just a jungle.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#15StartTheMachinePosted 4/14/2014 6:36:28 PM
I saw "no Kremlings", remembered the other masterful topic Mr. Raider had contributed to this board, and decided to type up this post for no real reason other boredom.

It was still a better use of my time than actually reading the rest of the topic post.
---
- Blur -
Welcome to your Divinity.
#16ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:41:12 PM
I'm detecting a lot of rustled jimmies from people who have probably never even played Donkey Kong Country 2 and a whole lot of failing at rebuking any of my arguments.

Better luck next time, children.
#17GoombacrusherPosted 4/14/2014 6:48:53 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
I'm detecting a lot of rustled jimmies from people who have probably never even played Donkey Kong Country 2

I played it like not even a month before getting this game
---
http://i.imgur.com/pLE4OWy.png
http://i.imgur.com/FeUoGvy.gif
#18Watt64Posted 4/14/2014 6:55:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19Watt64Posted 4/14/2014 6:59:27 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
I'm detecting a lot of rustled jimmies from people who have probably never even played Donkey Kong Country 2 and a whole lot of failing at rebuking any of my arguments.

Better luck next time, children.

Here, I'll rebunk one of your arguments:

This game does have a surprise moment when a giant enemy chases you (Irate Eight). You seem quite biased in favour of DKC2, since you completely ignored that.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#20StartTheMachinePosted 4/14/2014 7:06:15 PM
Or you're argument is just incredibly uncompelling, thus rebuking is unnecessary.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is a remarkable game and has been my favorite platformer of all time until Tropical Freeze. They're both remarkable games, and I only very slightly prefer Tropical Freeze. They're vastly different experiences too, which makes your specified arguments all the more odd and less valid.
---
- Blur -
Welcome to your Divinity.