Reasons why this game isn't as good as Donkey Kong Country 2

#51SpunkySixPosted 4/18/2014 10:15:14 AMmessage detail
The only one that actually provides an entirely new level type like you claimed was Squawcks. The others simply modify levels in basically the same way any level gimmick in TF does, they just happen to be mounts. Cool mounts, but not nearly as essential as you claim. Even Enguarde was just a modifier for water levels, and it says something that the levels were so lame by themselves that they needed something artificial like that to spice them up.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#52metroidhunterxPosted 4/18/2014 10:51:51 AMmessage detail
Goombacrusher posted...
The physics with Squawks were a bit weird. It made Animal Antics really annoying
Also Purple Squawks or whatever it was called sucked, especially in DKC3
Enguarde wasn't really necessary with the way TF handles water levels

I had no trouble at all with controlling Squawks. Is this the part where I start throwing around the claim "You just don't like it because you suck" that everyone else likes to assume whenever someone expresses distaste for something in TF?
#53GoombacrusherPosted 4/18/2014 10:53:52 AMmessage detail
metroidhunterx posted...
Goombacrusher posted...
The physics with Squawks were a bit weird. It made Animal Antics really annoying

I had no trouble at all with controlling Squawks. Is this the part where I start throwing around the claim "You just don't like it because you suck" that everyone else likes to assume whenever someone expresses distaste for something in TF?

Not even when the wind starts blowing? No trouble at all?
---
http://i.imgur.com/pLE4OWy.png http://i.imgur.com/eBWcN1b.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FeUoGvy.gif
#54SpunkySixPosted 4/18/2014 1:45:05 PMmessage detail
metroidhunterx posted...
Goombacrusher posted...

When somebody cries "trial and error" in a game almost entirely devoid of trial and error, it's not so much an assumption as it is a certainty that the person is just butt devastated by the game being legitimately difficult.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#55ShadowN64Posted 4/18/2014 6:11:49 PMmessage detail
metroidhunterx posted...
ShadowN64 posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
ShadowN64 posted...
Plus, I don't think people generally appreciate it when someone seeks out a board with the express purpose of ranting or complaining about the game everyone there presumably likes.

When I don't like a movie, I don't seek out the fan sites and rant about it and tell them they are wrong for liking it.

Where exactly do you propose one go to commentate on a piece of media if not said media's board intended for discussion of said media?

Should I have posted this thread on the Super Mario 3D World board or something?

More along the lines of wondering why you'd even seek out a place to rant. I've played plenty of bad games in the past but never felt a desire to tell everyone who plays the game and discusses it that it's bad. Especially when you get extremely defensive against those who disagree with you!

I'm wondering why you'd even consider it a rant. I would also like to know where you're reading these imaginary arguments of his where he "tells everyone who plays the game and discusses it that it's bad", or where he says that anyone is "wrong for liking it".

Hell, I couldn't find a damn sliver of evidence of him saying it was even a bad game. In fact, he said it was better than DKC, and that it was just not as good as DKC2 or 3. After that, he asked for input. If that's not civil enough for you, then Christ, I just don't know what you would consider civil, short of agreeing with everything you think just because you think that's how it should be.

Because the only two topics he's posted here are to complain (shoehorned controls, not as good as DKC2), that, and his second post in this topic was to call everyone children who disagreed with him. Didn't seem civil to me.
---
The Shadow
#56metroidhunterxPosted 4/19/2014 10:30:32 AMmessage detail
ShadowN64 posted...
Because the only two topics he's posted here are to complain (shoehorned controls, not as good as DKC2), that, and his second post in this topic was to call everyone children who disagreed with him. Didn't seem civil to me.

Did you even read any of the responses from other people after he posted? Very few were actual constructive responses. As I said, he ASKED for input, yet everyone's response was to cry like a baby because this guy didn't give the game a 10/10 score. I'd say his response was justified with the amount of hypocritical nonsense that is flying around.
#57metroidhunterxPosted 4/19/2014 10:40:35 AMmessage detail
Goombacrusher posted...
metroidhunterx posted...
Goombacrusher posted...

Not even when the wind starts blowing? No trouble at all?

None what-so-ever. It's super easy. In sections where you have to go straight down, you almost don't even need to press a direction. Just let yourself float down while tapping sparingly in the opposite direction the wind blows. When you've gotten used to that, you can hold down so you go faster. During sections where there are enemies, just relax and time your actions. By the way, holding down while tapping the button to flap your wings can be your best friend. It keeps you afloat, while not ejecting you too far up in the air.
#58ShadowN64Posted 4/21/2014 6:31:40 AMmessage detail
metroidhunterx posted...
ShadowN64 posted...

Did you even read any of the responses from other people after he posted? Very few were actual constructive responses. As I said, he ASKED for input, yet everyone's response was to cry like a baby because this guy didn't give the game a 10/10 score. I'd say his response was justified with the amount of hypocritical nonsense that is flying around.

Lol, lighten up, Francis. First you say he was civil, then you say he was justified when he wasn't. I honestly don't care, since it's not a big deal anyway.
---
The Shadow
#59metroidhunterxPosted 4/21/2014 10:03:01 AMmessage detail
ShadowN64 posted...
metroidhunterx posted...
ShadowN64 posted...

Lol, lighten up, Francis. First you say he was civil, then you say he was justified when he wasn't. I honestly don't care, since it's not a big deal anyway.

I said he was civil in his first post, then people began with their bickering, and the resulting response was justified. Learn to read.
#60ShadowN64Posted 4/21/2014 10:15:47 AMmessage detail
*sigh*

Context.

His first topic was to complain about "stupid shoehorned waggle controls". In which topic he told everyone they had poor reading comprehension (much like you do), and basically ranted about everyone who said the control-stick (instead of d-pad) was fine.

Then he posts this topic. And in the process begins to rant again, clearly looking for some kind of approbation or agreement. Cue my post.

Please try to understand context before tossing out the "learn to read" card (which honestly seems a bit childish).
---
The Shadow