Reasons why this game isn't as good as Donkey Kong Country 2

#71The_shoemakerPosted 4/27/2014 8:03:10 PM
I would just like to say that I was impressed at how they made each forest look different.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#72Watt64Posted 4/27/2014 8:32:22 PM
The_shoemaker posted...
I would just like to say that I was impressed at how they made each forest look different.

What do you mean?
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#73ShadowN64Posted 4/28/2014 4:21:33 AM
SpunkySix posted...

No, see, now you really are being condescending, and it's derailing the thread. That's incredibly immature.

I'd disagree---considering the comments made directly attacking me---but in my defense I have tried to bow out multiple times.

I did want to mention one thing. I thought the old DKC levels really had little to do with the map and was impressed in this game that they managed to tie in the map into the stages really well. You felt like you were climbing up the mountain in World 2, going from the plains through a canyon in World 3, etc.
---
The Shadow
#74meiyukiPosted 5/1/2014 7:01:08 AM
You suppose there will ever be a day we can discuss nintendo game, and yes things we didn't like about them, or why we don't think every new release is an automatic 10/10 without personal attacks, ad hominem, straw men, and other such fallacies? Could you imagine what it would be like if nintendo fans showed maturity and could discuss opinions about nintendo games without attacking anything negative like some religious cult?
#75crowe_1Posted 5/10/2014 6:12:32 AM
I admit, TC, that I have never played DKC2 (just the first back on SNES), so I can't personally compare the two at all.

With that being said, many of the reasons given in the OP are entirely subjective, like preferring Kremlins to Snowmads.

Also, pretty much every single level in TF has a different premise or fundamental core mechanic, so I don't actually think it's possible to be more diverse without simply adding more levels.

Finally, the OP chastises TF for not having unique features that were present in 2, but does not consider all of the things that are in present in TF but not in 2.

Sorry if those have already been brought up; didn't read the thread.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#76The_DOAMPosted 5/11/2014 4:14:44 PM
SpunkySix posted...
ShadowN64 posted...
When you say the Kremlings had so much character, I wonder if that is childhood nostalgia talking there. The original DKC games had even less story than Tropical Freeze, absolutely no suspense buildup about the final boss and the kremlings you saw in the game seemed absolutely mindless.

It was cool as a kid, but they were just an "enemy". I don't mind there being a different "enemy" this time around.

Yeah... the more I look back, the more I'm seeing that the old DKCs had cool enemies with more personality than, say, Mario enemies, but they weren't spectacular. Even the atmosphere that is so talked about really just comes down to good music and a darker setting.

Kill a Kremlin it will say "ow" kill another it will speak again in pain every type a unique voice kremlings of different colours a different hobby whether it be walking jumping in place or working out. Kremlings were Kremlings. Now kill a snomad and kill another they have no voice no soul only a knock a hunk of wood no different than a Tiki. The penguins are of one design maybe a shield or a spear maybe even a helmet but their all the same. Even a gnawty a vulture or a zinger will have a voice so why not the snomads? Also nomads of the snow? Snomads isn't that original
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#77Tha_Man_DSPosted 5/13/2014 3:22:44 AM
Sadly, I have to agree with OP..
---
3DS friendcode: 0860-3228-8273
Name: Piet S.
#78FakersSoul15Posted 5/24/2014 8:50:18 AM
FunkyKong84 posted...
DKC2 is better simply because it did most of the things DKCTF did first. Just like SMB3 is better than NSMBU because it did all of those awesome things back in 1988.

The nostalgia filter is strong with this one.
---
"Get ready to be schooled!"
#79metroidhunterxPosted 5/25/2014 9:42:51 AM
FakersSoul15 posted...
FunkyKong84 posted...
DKC2 is better simply because it did most of the things DKCTF did first. Just like SMB3 is better than NSMBU because it did all of those awesome things back in 1988.

The nostalgia filter is strong with this one.

Good one. You totally got him.
#802pp3nd1xPosted 5/25/2014 10:29:51 AM
Huh, I never hear about the DK games but I'm starting to understand why. The community is as bad if not worse than all the other ones.
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk