I still haven't finished this game

#1yzmanPosted 5/30/2014 5:59:57 PM
I got frustrated and quit at 6-1 or so and started playing dream team.

I will get back to it someday, probably after I beat dream team, but I am just surprised that this game did this to me.

I beat DKCR fully 100% including mirror mode, and this one haven't even completed yet.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#2trenkenPosted 6/4/2014 11:50:28 AM
I never beat it either. I got bored in world 4. Nothing to do with difficulty, I like challenging games, it just got very repetitive. Im trying to muster up the desire to finish it. Thats why Im here while bored at work, lol.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3wobbuffet10Posted 6/12/2014 7:05:50 AM
yeah DKCR i beat 200% and this game i've just beaten the main game but skipped out on a bunch of the K levels and such, I hope to get back into it at some point but now I'm hooked on Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8
---
My backlog: http://backloggery.com/melatonin
My music: http://soundcloud.com/z-plan
#4Blue_KatarnPosted 6/12/2014 8:47:51 AM
I felt largely similar. I stopped after getting to the last boss and failing many times. I think that in comparison to DKCR, this game feels a lot more dense which is nice for replays, but perhaps makes the first time through feel like a little too much to do day after day.

Whenever I think of DKC:TF, it reminds me of a really complex egg filled with details to the brim, whereas DCKR was more like a roller coaster that smoothly went from one loop to the next. I like both styles. I especially like the depth of DKC:TF since the Wii U's graphical power allowed a great deal of detail to be crammed in every level.
---
"There's no point if it stops being fun."
Adventurer, Bravely Default
#5Flare7Posted 6/13/2014 12:24:11 PM
wobbuffet10 posted...
yeah DKCR i beat 200% and this game i've just beaten the main game but skipped out on a bunch of the K levels and such, I hope to get back into it at some point but now I'm hooked on Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8

Yeah I've been stuck playing MK8 with all of my free time, but I'm in the same boat. Definitely plan on going back and fully completing this amazing game. Beat it but need to do all of the extra content. Plus I kinda just want to play through it again.
#6GoombacrusherPosted 6/13/2014 10:33:27 PM
I got burnt out on DKCR really quickly and barely even touched Mirror Mode but this game I've been playing ever since I got it and have been trying to do everything in the game
---
http://i.imgur.com/pLE4OWy.png http://i.imgur.com/eBWcN1b.gif
http://i.imgur.com/FeUoGvy.gif
#7Xynaxus64Posted 6/21/2014 9:06:41 PM
They just don't make 'em like they used to, do they?
---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
Metroid > All
#8Ki_cat_Posted 6/22/2014 5:34:35 PM
I'm rather lukewarm about this game. I like it enough to beat it but I wouldn't suggest it over other titles if I'm out of games. I beat it today to get this monkey off my back. It's kind of nagging for me to barely start games.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#9ExternicaPosted 6/23/2014 1:39:58 AM
Xynaxus64 posted...

Retro isn't really trying to copy Rare's formula.
Sure, both studios made DK-Plattformers, but in terms of gameplay they feel different.
If anything, DKCR was a love letter to the original games, but other than that Retro is doing their own thing witrh the DK-IP.
Not that this is a bad thing.
#10metroidhunterxPosted 6/23/2014 9:39:43 AM
Externica posted...
Xynaxus64 posted...

Retro isn't really trying to copy Rare's formula.
Sure, both studios made DK-Plattformers, but in terms of gameplay they feel different.
If anything, DKCR was a love letter to the original games, but other than that Retro is doing their own thing witrh the DK-IP.
Not that this is a bad thing.

DKC:TF is a great game, and I'm glad they decided to bring it out. There's some stuff I don't like, but there's a lot that I do, and I guess I wouldn't really change a lot for what it is (a DK platforming series that ISN'T DKC), but when people try to say that they weren't really trying to copy Rare's formula, my question is this: if they weren't trying to copy their formula, then exactly what the hell stopped them from having a completely different series with a different name?

When you have a series, and in every single one of those games there are very clear and consistent criteria, then the formula should be the same. If you mess with those constant criteria when they've worked perfectly well and have defined what differentiates that game from any other game in the franchise, you might as well not even pretend that it's in the same series. To me, it has nothing to do with being a "love letter", it's just a ploy to tug at the heart strings of all the people who grew up with DKC.