Is there a way to ... (end of 400 days spoilers)

#1DERPATR0NPosted 7/5/2013 11:27:01 PM
... Recruit Russell without recruiting Wyatt? Because as far as I know, the only way to recruit Russell is to tell him there might be people he knows at the settlement (as Tavia) but I just did that and it also recruited Wyatt, who I dont want.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3351-4196-4357
ACNL Name: Lewis - Town: Grillage
#2x0nighthawk0xPosted 7/6/2013 12:17:47 AM
Wyatt, so far I knows, always comes with.

Canonically speaking though..I think the whole group is supposed to go to the settlement, as evidenced by the ending cutscene.
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#3sheridanmovieguPosted 7/6/2013 12:33:04 AM
Nope, that's impossible, since his back-up (if he got out of the car) is the same as Russell's. You also can't stop Bonnie from coming.

Something tells me they're all gonna end up wrapped up in the plot anyway, though.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#4DERPATR0N(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 2:22:43 AM
Alright thanks, but are you sure about all of them somehow coming? I saw an interview with Telltale somewhere (think it was IGN) where one of the developers said something along the lines of "some aspects of 400 Days may or may not come into play in season 2" and at first I thought he meant they were simply considering making 400 Days a mostly stand-alone episode, but I feel he may have been eluding to characters that may or may not show up, depending on if they go to the settlement or not.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3351-4196-4357
ACNL Name: Lewis - Town: Grillage
#5x0nighthawk0xPosted 7/6/2013 2:51:13 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure, the ending sure seems to imply towards such despite the end results that shows you who stayed and who went.

Most likely when Season 2 comes about, and you start it without using a previous save, it will no doubt start with the group on full at the settlement or before it.
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#6LordArcadioPosted 7/6/2013 6:54:27 AM
One of the Telltale guys posted this on Neogaf:

The goal isn't to get everyone to come with you. I mean... if that's the goal you want for yourself, and you want to play through a couple times to optimize for that, then good on you, but the game isn't going to declare you a winner or a loser for doing it. As far as "the point," we aren't saying what the point is, beyond "your choices told an interesting story," but your playthrough of season two isn't going to be objectively better or worse depending on what happens at the end of your playthrough, it will just be different.* This isn't "what the secret is" or something (I am literally just making this up as I write right now as an example to use) but just consider that within the confines of 400 Days you don't have any metrics by which to judge if going with Tavia is a good idea or not, other than you're playing as her for a minute.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67998861&postcount=151

Personally, I am sticking to all my initial decisions. I had everyone but Russel go with Tavia.
---
CQ
#7sheridanmovieguPosted 7/6/2013 9:45:13 AM
Well I certainly wasn't thinking along the lines of "good" or "bad." I just figured having them all go with her means they'll probably be in the story more, which I guess was the measure of success for me. If it turns out having them stay at the camp means they'll be in the story more, then oh well I guess we all got trolled.

The thing that makes me think going with Tavia = more plot relevant choice is that it's impossible to get everyone to stay at the camp, while it's quite possible to get everyone to go.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)