multiplayer question.

#1wolfebanesPosted 7/7/2013 4:26:47 PM
so me and my brother bought this when the store got re-opened, and we played lan for an hour or so.
the next day my brother was playing with his friends for a long time and the next day when i had some free time we decided to play on together on LAN, but the problem was, he was in the exact area where he stopped playing with his friends, and I since I made a new character, was in the spawn.

does anybody know how to fix that spawning problem or at least why its doing it?
---
PM me if you add me 3DS FC 3050-8081-7428 PSN ; Maroddity. Feel free to add me || Currently Playing; KH3DDD, Eternal Sonata
#2Lord BladePosted 7/8/2013 8:46:56 AM
Characters always start at the world spawn.

If someone plays and wanders off, when they log back in they'll be wherever they logged off.

I don't know what server commands there are. So there might be a command to teleport you to each other.
---
The fact that most stores are selling out of pre-orders for the Xbone is proof that humanity is doomed to extinction.
#3wolfebanes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 9:59:58 AM
Lord Blade posted...
Characters always start at the world spawn.

If someone plays and wanders off, when they log back in they'll be wherever they logged off.

I don't know what server commands there are. So there might be a command to teleport you to each other.

even if you are in completely different servers? that sucks, i'll have to check out the server commands.
---
PM me if you add me 3DS FC 3050-8081-7428 PSN ; Maroddity. Feel free to add me || Currently Playing; KH3DDD, Eternal Sonata
#4IronSasquatchPosted 7/8/2013 11:15:26 AM
You could start a new world on your server. I know that's not ideal, but it is one way for you guys to be in the same place starting off. All you have to do is find the server.cfg file and edit the number inside so that you get a different seed.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#5wolfebanes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 3:07:11 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
You could start a new world on your server. I know that's not ideal, but it is one way for you guys to be in the same place starting off. All you have to do is find the server.cfg file and edit the number inside so that you get a different seed.

oh, thats how you change it? okay, I guess i could do that.
its just frustrating ( i know this is in alpha still) but I thought each server was a different world, and you would spawn together, not where you were in the game last you played even if that was on a completely different server.
---
#6wolfebanes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 4:20:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]