Easy way to get the Netherverse Skillpoints

#1HHHBK87Posted 11/13/2013 7:59:16 PM(edited)
I have a discovered a glitch that will allow you easily acquire all Netherverse (aka the 2D dark world Clank explores) Skillpoints. Let me first say though, that it was entirely on accident I discovered this, and also that I recommend at least trying to get to the Skillpoints legitimately first, only using this if you get very frustrated, as it takes a lot of fun out of one of the cool new things in the game.

The glitch is very simple: When you go to exit through the wormhole after waking up the Netherbeast, pause the game as Clank is being sucked up by it but before he goes through it. Simply choose to restart the challenge, and Clank will resume being sucked through the wormhole, but upon returning to the real world you'll recieve all 3 Skillpoints, regardless of whether or not you got hit, took too long, or used gravity too many times. I accidently triggered this on Netherverse 3 (I was trying to learn the course and got to close to the wormhole at the end, and didn't want to be locked out of the course without the skillpoints) & have since tested it successfully on Netherverse 4 on a backup of my file. I'm am assuming then, that it will work the same on the remaining ones.

EDIT: It also bears mentioning that I discovered and tested this during my playthrough itself and NOT thru Level Select (I haven't beaten the game yet and thus can't test it there)
---
"It's not arrogance, it's destiny." - Randy Orton
#2PrismsbladePosted 11/13/2013 9:58:37 PM
This is pretty useful, so much so that I think this is worth a sticky :p
---
3DS FC: 1693-0799-0030
Pokemon x/y safari Woobat, Doduo, Tropius
#3Dante3hscPosted 11/14/2013 2:54:13 AM(edited)
Nice find. Can confirm that this also works in the level select version as well. From what I can tell though, this doesn't work for the 2 vendra levels, probably due to the lack of a portal
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D
#4RocketJessPosted 11/14/2013 4:47:53 AM
Dante3hsc posted...
From what I can tell though, this doesn't work for the 2 vendra levels, probably due to the lack of a portal

I did have a similar glitch in Level 6 somehow. I'd played and finished the level normally, went back in for another try, but almost immediately was thrown back to the Challenge List screen with all the skill points earned. I wonder if it was something to do with where I was standing, or where the Nether was when I finished the first time, or something like that, and it carried over into the second load of the level and triggered the ending.
---
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
#5Skeith666Posted 11/14/2013 8:23:51 AM
bump

this needs to be stickied
---
Psn: enigmazero666
Feel free to add me.
#6BleakHarvestPosted 11/14/2013 1:57:24 PM
Came here to post just this. As others have said, it does no appear to work for the last two challenges. Either that, or there is a funky timing to it that I've not mastered. Either way, some nice easy skill points.

Now if only someone could help me figure out how to escape the sewers with a single tank of fuel....
#7Star_SagePosted 11/14/2013 5:34:00 PM
BleakHarvest posted...
Came here to post just this. As others have said, it does no appear to work for the last two challenges. Either that, or there is a funky timing to it that I've not mastered. Either way, some nice easy skill points.

Now if only someone could help me figure out how to escape the sewers with a single tank of fuel....

Stagger fire your jets, and always aim for the slow fans. Staggering out how often you fire the jets can save you a lot of fuel. Rapidly pressing the button to keep yourself level, rather than holding it down. I've made it with about 1/4 tank
#8RocketJessPosted 11/14/2013 5:59:09 PM(edited)
BleakHarvest posted...

I came back later with the hover-boots. Every time you go through the narrow pipes connecting the rooms, you should land, boost along and make a long jump off the end of the platform, and only fire up the jet pack as you reach the end of the jump distance.

---
#9PrismsbladePosted 11/14/2013 8:50:10 PM
BleakHarvest posted...

Actually once you reach the first fual point if you were quick enough you can land right beside, run across, and refill, and continue flying, their little room for error in this but if you took off quickly as soon as ht cutscene, and made pretty much no errors, it wont be a issue.

It really not hard at all, and took me only about 4 tries.
---
3DS FC: 1693-0799-0030
Pokemon x/y safari Woobat, Doduo, Tropius
#10RocketJessPosted 11/14/2013 9:15:59 PM
Prismsblade posted...
Actually once you reach the first fual point if you were quick enough you can land right beside, run across, and refill, and continue flying,

The problem isn't how to use the refueling station, it's that there's a skill point for getting through the whole course without using it.
---