Gargathon Horns glitch

#1SqueezitgirdlePosted 11/17/2013 4:40:07 AM
Apparently my game broke. I've tried turning the game off and back on and I still need 3 horns (my treasure mapper indicates I've cleared the map).

And I've searched everywhere. At one point a random horn flew at me once I reached a certain area, which added 1 more horn, but I still need 3.

Anyone found a fix for this yet?

If I restart in challenge mode, will I have to start over in unlocking the Ryno?
---
Castlevania Harmony of Despair Site for guides and meeting up with friends
http://alternateharmony.proboards.com/index.cgi
#2Squeezitgirdle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 4:42:24 AM
Another glitch was Start and Select stopped working. (couldn't open pause menu and couldn't open map).

So hopefully my game saved when I had to shut it off.
---
#3Dante3hscPosted 11/17/2013 5:21:23 AM
Being that you're missing 3, maybe it's possible there's still 1 gargathon out there? I haven't checked to see if they appear on the map or not...
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D
#4Squeezitgirdle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 5:29:07 AM
From what I've read in other forums, people have said they appear on the maps.

If there really is another Gargathon somewhere out there, I can't imagine where it could be. There's definitely nothing flying around, I'm certain I got all the bones. And I've flown over the water and scanned every inch of the water for any of them hiding.

I can't find another one anywhere.
---
#5Dante3hscPosted 11/17/2013 6:12:45 AM
Weird. I've obtained all horns twice without issue, so no idea what could be the problem.
---
Oac, So cek ec eh Al Bhed... fro? Lyica E's YFACUSA mega dryd!! :D
#6VegetallPosted 11/17/2013 6:28:30 AM
the biggest problem, is that you can SELL the horns, in between the initial collection mission and the vault.... also if you snipe a gargathon from to far away you wont get the horns....

i ended up selling 4 horns, and in the end need just 1... flew around for a good 30 mins before i finally found it... it look like they do respawn...
#7PeachKidPosted 11/17/2013 10:32:39 PM
Did you find the gargathon that is on the far right once you enter the section of the map where the parrot is hiding?
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia
Playing next: Killer is Dead
#8Beanie_devilPosted 11/19/2013 3:07:10 PM
I had the same problem I just looked around the map again and again and it was a missing gargathon.
---
PSN: Beanie_devil
#9r3nixPosted 12/1/2013 8:00:53 AM
I've had the same problem. I looked again and again and found nothing where I needed 6 more horns. I left the planet and did the arena to get the treasure mapper then came back. There suddenly was 1 Gargathon. I fought him, got 3 more horns and turned them into the smuggler. For some reason after I turned in the 3, the counter suddenly went back to saying I needed 6 more again. I left the planet and came back again, and there was suddenly another Gargathon after I checked my map. I fought him, got 3/6 horns again according to the counter, but when I turned them into the smuggler and a box appeared saying I got all the horns on the planet (regardless of the counter).

So it is a bit buggy, but I think you just need to leave the planet and come back again and I guess the Gargathons that glitched will just reappear. At least thats how it worked for me.
#10awesomesauce13Posted 12/2/2013 10:37:11 PM
Vegetall posted...
the biggest problem, is that you can SELL the horns, in between the initial collection mission and the vault.... also if you snipe a gargathon from to far away you wont get the horns....

i ended up selling 4 horns, and in the end need just 1... flew around for a good 30 mins before i finally found it... it look like they do respawn...

Just on this subject, it doesn't matter if you sell any horns in between objectives, the game simply adjusts the number that you need to find. To get the last key off the smuggler requires you to find every horn, and they don't respawn
More topics from this board...
R&C marathon.Ozric6747/29 11:42AM