Treyarch dev answering questions about the Wii U version on CoD official forums

#11SlightballPosted 10/30/2013 4:01:19 PM
HunterRuss28 posted...
My friend Jabba56 (HANSOLO_Sw) is funny when he's drunk. I'm going to use my mic a lot more in this game just so I can make him angry and have him go 7-41 like he did on Hijacked once.

*Takes out Notepad*

I laughed when he said "Who's...dogs?? K-Knee??! Get the eff out of the whole room!" or just says anything insulting people on the other team...or our team.

Jlew hasn't been drunk but he says things like "Oh gosh, Knee. He's so good, he's my friend" or "You're very popular.", or "Knee is his usual awesome self."

I tried playing drunk 3 times, it gave me an excuse to do terrible so people accepted it.

Jabba + Drunk = I send my kids out of the room
---
NNID: Slightball - Golden-Eye Wii: 3123-3342-0539 - Slightball/BEEDRILL*
#12QualiTPosted 10/30/2013 4:18:00 PM
Heh, I've never played with Jabba when he's drunk, i'll add it to my list.

As for me, I play better when I have those first initial drinks, dunno why but my shot is incredible; it might be because i'm concentrating harder.
What really does suffer when I drink, is my decision making. I die to the most stupid things, and I start taking bad routes and leaving myself open.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#13tizzywilkillyou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 6:38:14 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
Lots of good stuff in this...

It IS pretty lame that they can flat out confirm various crap for other platforms while we have no idea what we're getting until we crack open our copies on launch day.

I suppose we should just be grateful for what scraps devs see fit to give us. But there's definitely some degree of a self fulfilling prophecy playing out here, even if it's not the entire issue.
#14Cubfan082Posted 10/30/2013 6:51:54 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Lots of good stuff in this...

It IS pretty lame that they can flat out confirm various crap for other platforms while we have no idea what we're getting until we crack open our copies on launch day.

I suppose we should just be grateful for what scraps devs see fit to give us. But there's definitely some degree of a self fulfilling prophecy playing out here, even if it's not the entire issue.

well we supported the game with a 1 in 20 or so consoles purchasing this title, if there was 80 million Wii Us in service it would not be a big deal...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#15Phasmatis92Posted 10/30/2013 7:30:47 PM
He confirms that the Wii U version runs at/around 60fps. Good.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#16Arcanine2009Posted 10/30/2013 10:46:10 PM
No mention of DLC support basically confirms to me we aren't getting Free Fall at launch. /:
---
NN ID: sselemanrm | 3DS FC: 0387-9018-4275
I try to find my friends, but they blowin' in the wind.
#17tizzywilkillyou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 6:34:40 AM
One thing I found slightly interesting is that he confirmed that Treyarch's Nintendo team has been working on the Ghosts port since January. That brings up two points...

1) Helps explain why support for BO2 was largely cut off early.

2) Makes it all the more ridiculous that they were so cagey about it's existence. It means that by the May reveal, the Wii U version had already been green lit for probably six months, and in development for almost that long, yet they decided to conceal it's existence. -_-
#18cloudtheprophetPosted 10/31/2013 7:19:09 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
One thing I found slightly interesting is that he confirmed that Treyarch's Nintendo team has been working on the Ghosts port since January. That brings up two points...

1) Helps explain why support for BO2 was largely cut off early.

2) Makes it all the more ridiculous that they were so cagey about it's existence. It means that by the May reveal, the Wii U version had already been green lit for probably six months, and in development for almost that long, yet they decided to conceal it's existence. -_-

I'm just glad Treyarch has a nintendo team. I also wouldn't mind trading DLC for the IW games. I would suggest that we only get COD every other year and the nintendo team stay on a regular development cycle. We would probably get the dlc if Treyarch didn't have to port Wii U games every year.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#19tizzywilkillyou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 7:48:31 AM
cloudtheprophet posted...
We would probably get the dlc if Treyarch didn't have to port Wii U games every year.

That may very well be the case. Though if Activision thought it was worthwhile they'd just hire a few more devs to support the Nintendo versions to make that happen without skipping out on every other game. They must not see it as worthwhile at this point.
#20QualiTPosted 10/31/2013 12:25:01 PM
Can someone ask him if they're going to improve on the garbage matchmaking system, and subsequently team selection, BO2 had?

It's not fun when 99% of the matches are landslide victories (usually against you)m because the matchmaking puts the 5 worst players in the lobby on your side and expects you to somehow win.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.