Well i finally caved and bought a Call of duty game.

#1STN79Posted 11/11/2013 6:37:11 PM
Not this one though. I got the original that's on PSN. I was never really big on FPS games but i played some Turok back in the N64 days and that was kinda fun. I never thought i'd be curious enough to try Call of duty. I kept avoiding it all these years cause i just wasn't sure i'd love it as much as the rest of the world seems to. I've been puzzled by the popularity of this series for years and finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. I did play one Medal of Honor game on PS2 before and just never got around to finishing it. Speaking of that how did Call of duty become so much more popular? You don't hear much about Medal of honor anymore but every year a new COD comes out the hype is through the ceiling. So yeah anyway i'm finally gonna join the in crowd.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#2Phasmatis92Posted 11/11/2013 6:48:54 PM
COD became popular by introducing RPG leveling elements so that players felt like their every action was being rewarded, and making the game noob-friendly enough not to deter casuals.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#3STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:03:24 PM
So the RPG elements don't exist in Medal of honor? The one i played on PS2 just didn't hook me for some reason. I got halfway through and just lost interest. Not sure why. It started out okay but i got frustrated and gave up. Hopefully COD is the better series.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#4TopdrunkeePosted 11/12/2013 5:57:28 AM
How do you expect to understand COD's popularity by playing the original? The original isn't even released on disc on xbox360 & PS3.
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was when that series became such a phenomenon and should be your intro to the series because that's the COD that all other COD games are modelled after.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic
#5Cubfan082Posted 11/12/2013 8:12:15 AM
Topdrunkee posted...
How do you expect to understand COD's popularity by playing the original? The original isn't even released on disc on xbox360 & PS3.
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was when that series became such a phenomenon and should be your intro to the series because that's the COD that all other COD games are modelled after.

QFT...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#6Cubfan082Posted 11/12/2013 8:32:01 AM
You are saying that you believe playing GTA2 will give you and indication if you will like GTA5...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain