Lmao @ squads. It might be worse than online.

#1QualiTPosted 12/6/2013 3:51:10 PM
Decided to play squads just to see what all the hoohah is about and rank up to earn squad pointzzzz whilst I was there.

It might even be worse than online. Nobody moves. All the bots did on the other side was sit in random corners ADSing with Assault rifles and SMGs. Uh hello? I thought soldiers with SMGs were supposed to run around, that was what SMGs were designed to do.
To make matters worse my squad mates decided to run around and, therefore, go somewhere in the region of 4-12 every match. I cannot even fathom how out of all the squad mates in all of the world mine decide to be rush happy idiots.

Oh and that isn't even the best bit. I saw a squad mate of mine running around with the first marksman rifle, I mean what?? Dude, the clue is in the name MARKSMAN, hell even Wikipedia provides an accurate statement of what a marksman does

"Marksman are sometimes attached to an infantry fireteam or squad where they take accurate long-range shots at valuable targets as needed, thus extending the reach of the fireteam or squad"

So tell me devs, how does running around with a marksman rifle provide me with accurate long range shots? I want him to sit in a building and kill people from afar, not play like an SMG user. That's what I use smg users for ffs.

I decided to test out just how thick my AI squadmates are I built the following class;

M27-IAR (LMG)
Muzzle Brake + Grip
IED
PDW
Focus
Blast shield
tac resist
incog
Resilience

It was my understanding that giving him an LMG, along with a full compliment of defensive perks, would make him play like a camper yet he chose instead to run around and die a lot. Pretty sure the devs have a few bugs to work out with this squads mode thing. Hardly customisable when all my bots have 1 setting which is, rush and die repeat until enemy wins.

Utter travesty.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
#2Cubfan082Posted 12/6/2013 4:32:43 PM
Sounds like someone got pwned by bots...

#CheckDaCorners
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#3kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/6/2013 4:35:16 PM
They're supposed to play how the average player would play, so they'll corner camp if that's what they see fit to do.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#4QualiT(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 5:23:21 PM
I expect to have to check corners against random pugs, not against bots. At this point I'm just going to keep seeing which corners they camp in, so I can learn where noobs are likely to campmight as well do something productive whilst I'm going 5-13 lmao.

Funny thing is half the time the bot is pre-adsing the door because he can hear you stomping around thanks to dead silence being useless. DS might work against noobs but bots seem to have the ability to know exactly where you are at all times unless you crouch walk ALL the time and let me tell you, I didn't pay money just to have to move at a snails paced, looking like the damn hunchback of Notre dame for 10 minutes.

What I also don't expect is to have to play a 10 minute game of hide and seek on siege against bots no less. People I understand, but bots? I'm supposed to be using them for target practice, getting used to the guns the feel of recoil etc.

In the end, just like online, I found myself camping it up with amplify and a marksman rifle. Cool I know, but I will adapt.
---
#5Cubfan082Posted 12/6/2013 5:30:15 PM
Play blitz...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#6like2napPosted 12/6/2013 5:38:45 PM
Cubfan082 posted...

#CheckDaCorners

Bots must have had amplify...
#7kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/6/2013 6:02:43 PM
Cubfan082 posted...

#CheckDaCorners

Well whatever they have, they always shoot me through walls with LMGs so
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#8Machine1136Posted 12/6/2013 6:03:18 PM
Interesting how your K/D plummets when your lag shield doesn't exist.

|trollface|
---
&.Machine
NNID, PSN: Machine1136
#9QualiT(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 6:18:47 PM
kuragari1anonly posted...
Cubfan082 posted...

#CheckDaCorners

Well whatever they have, they always shoot me through walls with LMGs so

They don't need amplify. Dead silence doesn't mute your footstep completely, it just makes them a lot quieter. Hence why you can hear enemies with Amplify.
It's a very misleading perk, it should be called "quieten footsteps" as that's what it does, it doesn't "silence" anything because "silence" means no noise.
And of course, bots hear your footsteps (because they still exist no matter how quiet they are) and know exactly where you are, which is why you are being shot through walls. (Y)

It was the same on BO2 vs veteran bots, they always knew where I was. I would spawn behind them take 2 steps and die. The killcam showed them about half the map away, 180 and kill me. Marvelous lol.

Machine1136 posted...
Interesting how your K/D plummets when your lag shield doesn't exist.

|trollface|

xD

Either that or bots have lag shied armour piercing bullets :O

Armour piercing bullets

By golly, I've solved it machine, armour piercing breaks through shield
lag shield is a shield
therefore
armour piercing works against lag shields

Tell no-one what we discussed _
---
#10Apocrypha22Posted 12/7/2013 12:20:36 AM
Bots pre-ADS and shoot through walls because they be hackin'. . .
---
CP: The Guided Fate Paradox, Dragon Quest VIII, Def Jam: FFNY