Differences between this and the PC version?

#1Arrowsedge89Posted 12/19/2013 6:21:43 PM
Obviously the PC version is always going to be the best and most updated version, and I do have the PC version, but there is a certain greatness to playing on my bed or on the couch with a controller. Obviously the biggest difference is the controller option, but what is this version missing compared to the PC version? Is there a compiled list somewhere? Just wanting to see exactly. Also how many people can be in one multiplayer game? Obviously I know it's a fairly limited amount, but still just curious.
---
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
#2iChevalierPosted 12/19/2013 6:23:41 PM
5 people i think
---
3DS FC: 3969 - 4030 - 0381
PSN: Xelerator
#3Mystery_MissionPosted 12/19/2013 6:24:52 PM
8 people max.
#4dillonthebunnyPosted 12/19/2013 6:40:02 PM
The land isn't infinite, the update isn't as recent as the pc... And there isn't user servers to connect to.

But saying that this should all be corrected when it's released on the ps4.

The ps3/ 360 version is very very good and well worth the money imo, it will certainly keep me busy until the ps4 version comes out
---
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn
#5hitomikittykinsPosted 12/19/2013 7:15:17 PM
There are lots of blocks missing from the console versions compared to PC. Red stone comparators, stained glass, carrots and potatoes, nether quartz, hoppers, and others I'm sure I'm missing but can't think of offhand. The new PC update added three new types of fish, new trees, new biomes, and new flowers that aren't in console yet. There is also a boss, the wither, that isn't yet available, but hoppers, the wither, and a few other things are confirmed as additions in a future update. PC also has horses and cats (horses are boss for traveling long distances and cats scare off creepers).

And the passive mob cap is terribly low. Some people say you can't have more than 20 animals collectively, while others say it's higher. That means no huge cow/chicken/pig farms for food and leather.
---
You'll never take us alive you goose bastard!
PSN id TakBak.
#6Groudon199Posted 12/19/2013 8:39:08 PM
The console versions have everything that was present on PC as of update 1.2.3, plus certain things from as far ahead as 1.5.2 ( http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/PlayStation_3_Edition_version_history for the full list).
#7zyrax2301Posted 12/19/2013 9:13:48 PM
hitomikittykins posted...
...missing...Red stone comparators, hoppers....

Ha, I was thinking about getting this for PS3 but nope nope. Not without my babies <3
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8hitomikittykinsPosted 12/19/2013 9:56:23 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
hitomikittykins posted...
...missing...Red stone comparators, hoppers....

Ha, I was thinking about getting this for PS3 but nope nope. Not without my babies <3

Lol I know what you mean there. I'm hopeful the update with them will come sooner rather than later. I'm spoiled by auto item sorters, auto furnaces, mob trap auto collection...ohhhh the lovely machinery....
---
You'll never take us alive you goose bastard!
PSN id TakBak.