I was so thrilled to get a railgun for my mec

#1casedawgzPosted 11/16/2013 5:21:13 AM
It's been three missions and I still haven't hit anyone.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#2stklPosted 11/16/2013 8:30:08 AM
LOL that's sad :P
But, tbh I can't wait till i figure out how to hack this game. They make this game ridiculous at times. 1$ for selling exhalt weapons??! I just went through wave after wave of bullcrap injuring many of my soldiers and i get NO money lmao.
That and sometimes the starting panic levels are ridiculous as well!
Too many things that just feel way too imbalanced.
#3Mudkip57Posted 11/16/2013 8:35:23 AM
stkl posted...
I just went through wave after wave of bullcrap injuring many of my soldiers and i get NO money lmao.

You get bonus money in data recovery if both the encode and transmitter are not captured by Exalt. You get a bonus in extraction too but I glanced over it and didn't note the requirements
#4tadpinoyPosted 11/16/2013 11:37:23 AM
Wow...you're getting screwed. Are you using a Heavy for your MEC? They're always going to have crap accuracy. Use an assault, support or, since you might like to keep you're MECs at range, a sniper. I'm currently using an assault and support. The assault MEC has 48 missions with 164 kills. Converted to MEC at Squaddie level. The support has 102 kills. They have pretty decent accuracy obviously. =)
---
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle
#5casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 12:35:45 PM
Yeah, it's a heavy. I thought the bonus would help since they can't take cover but it's tough to have the accuracy of a heavy and no slot to equip a scope.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#6tadpinoyPosted 11/16/2013 1:18:28 PM
casedawgz posted...
Yeah, it's a heavy. I thought the bonus would help since they can't take cover but it's tough to have the accuracy of a heavy and no slot to equip a scope.

It's a decent bonus, but it seems to be more for buying the MEC time to get in range for a Kinetic Strike than anything else. Especially since it only affects the closest visible enemy.

Anyways, just smack down anything with either Kinetic strike or the flamethrower until you've advanced a few ranks. By Major a Heavy MEC's accuracy isn't TOO bad, but more importantly it gets Overdrive, which lets you shoot as your first move without ending the unit's turn. If that shot misses, you can then proceed to take out your frustration by punching the uncooperative alien in the face. =)
---
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle